Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Long Range Tello Mod?

EHow408

Reaction score
Is it possible to increase the 100M range of the tello? On a realistic scale, I'll try to get 500-1000M (consistently. wifi repeaters can get to those distances, but its not very consistent.), but what would it take for a ridiculous long-range connection (like 5Km)?

Last edited:
some professional grade long range wifi equipment should get you 5km (but you won't be able to get back home on one battery so you have to land there which is impossible as you will loose connection before landing).
I guess a Ubiquiti Bullet HP on a directional antenna could get you 5km in rural settings.

For reliability you want to look into a dual MIMO devices with directional antennas on an automated tracker.
This one for example:

Or you could just try a Xiaomi wifi repeater in the focal point of a derelict offset satellite dish

Reactions: Flydrone
Is it possible to increase the 100M range of the tello? On a realistic scale, I'll try to get 500-1000M (consistently. wifi repeaters can get to those distances, but its not very consistent.), but what would it take for a ridiculous long-range connection (like 5Km)?

Reactions: tiryantor

Reactions: tiryantor
It's illegal so what's the point. 100 yards is definately as far as you can see it

Here in Italy, only visual flight ... I only did some range tests just over 310 meters away with xiaomi 2 wifi extender with parabola and parrot flypad controller. with a good video return. (area in the countryside without wifi interference) and all safe away from cities and people.

Here in Italy, only visual flight ... I only did some range tests just over 300 meters away with xiaomi 2 wifi extender with parabola and parrot flypad controller. with a good video return. (area in the countryside without wifi interference) and all safe away from cities and people.

Here in Italy, only visual flight ... I only did some range tests just over 300 meters away with xiaomi 2 wifi extender with parabola and parrot flypad controller. with a good video return. (area in the countryside without wifi interference) and all safe away from cities and people.
Hi! I'm from Italt too! :)
What do you mean by "parabola" on the Xiaomi 2 Wifi Extender? Which kind of parabola?

Does this mod really work? I mean does it increase or at least make the signal more stable at long distances?
let's say yes ... I did more than 300 meters with a duon video return. Be careful not to fly behind the dish, you could lose the signal.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv