Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Lost my Tello today.. ?

Daantello

Reaction score
Hello!
Today was a bright, sunny day with a little wind. But my Tello drifted away anyway.. the first time for me that this happened. Touched the home button but couldn't bring it back anymore. Signal was lost.. I searched for two hours in the woods but was not able to find it anymore.. did anybody has had this same experience? Is there a possibility for a GPS marker? Thanks for your help. ?

Kind regards,

Daniel Born

I'm sorry for little Dji Tello ... my advice is not to give up and look again. I suggest you put a sticker on the Tello with details and contacts (I made and applied one of these stickers on my Tello), maybe an "honest" person if he finds your drone he will contact you ..
On the TelloFPV flight register you will find the last distance and the last direction of Tello, but you must remember how you turned on the Tello.
I have yet to make tests on this, but it's worth trying if lost Tello.

Find some information on this from here.;)

New app: TelloFPV

Reactions: Daantello
Hello!
Today was a bright, sunny day with a little wind. But my Tello drifted away anyway.. the first time for me that this happened. Touched the home button but couldn't bring it back anymore. Signal was lost.. I searched for two hours in the woods but was not able to find it anymore.. did anybody has had this same experience? Is there a possibility for a GPS marker? Thanks for your help. ?

Kind regards,

Daniel Born
I lost one a few months ago. Looked up, Tello overhead. Snapped a couple pictures , looked back up, was 2-3 houses away. Was unable to bring it back. Looked for some time with no luck. Bought Tello 2, much more careful now.

I'm sorry for little Dji Tello ... my advice is not to give up and look again. I suggest you put a sticker on the Tello with details and contacts (I made and applied one of these stickers on my Tello), maybe an "honest" person if he finds your drone he will contact you ..
On the TelloFPV flight register you will find the last distance and the last direction of Tello, but you must remember how you turned on the Tello.
I have yet to make tests on this, but it's worth trying if lost Tello.

Find some information on this from here.;)

New app: TelloFPV

Last distance was 202 meters...
Went back there today but no luck..
Screenshot_20190409-154550.jpg

As VolateLo had already told me, many measurement errors and precision can occur ... if I'm not mistaken, the direction is: -13 347 NW degrees in the northwest and 202 meters in distance. (If Tello was turned and started north.)

I did a graphic simulation of this some time ago ( New app: TelloFPV )

I have not really verified all this in the field.

As VolateLo had already told me, many measurement errors and precision can occur ... if I'm not mistaken, the direction is: -13 347 NW degrees in the northwest and 202 meters in distance. (If Tello was turned and started north.)

I did a graphic simulation of this some time ago ( New app: TelloFPV )

I have not really verified all this in the field.
The problem is that nobody remember the exact direction of Tello when it was powered on (not takeoff but power button pressed). Realistically this information does not give you any useful clue.

The problem is that nobody remember the exact direction of Tello when it was powered on (not takeoff but power button pressed). Realistically this information does not give you any useful clue.
On this I agree with you, usually I always press the Tello's power button when looking north. I do it by habit now

Reactions: Guorium
I was lucky. I've lost my Tello twice and I could find it because I was taking a video. Looking at the video I could get information on the route.

Reactions: Flydrone
today I almost lost MYTello, due to overheating and system shutdown. luckily I installed a led. it turns out that land off on the roof of a person as high as 9 meters. very dangerous if it happens again in a vulnerable placeo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O.

today I almost lost MYTello, due to overheating and system shutdown. luckily I installed a led. it turns out that land off on the roof of a person as high as 9 meters. very dangerous if it happens again in a vulnerable placeo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O.

Strange that Tello overheats during the flight ... the propellers act as a cooling system.

The battery in what percentage was before shutdown? maybe he landed on the roof with the failsafe (automatic landing) ..:unsure:

Strange that Tello overheats during the flight ... the propellers act as a cooling system.

The battery in what percentage was before shutdown? maybe he landed on the roof with the failsafe (automatic landing) ..:unsure:
[/QUOT

I use the default mytello application, so I can't know the percent status of the battery. but estimates are still above 60%

The front Tello, with the Lego Chef Andy spent a week 60' in a tree, 2 rainstorms, Seattle..... Other than a dent in the yellow cover, no damage, Tello or it's battery. It took 25 mph winds to bring it down. Keep looking for it. The sticker idea is a good one. There are still some honest people left in the world, however, it doesn't matter how honest, if they have no info. A name and phone number should suffice, I don't think that I would put an address......lots of not so honest people too. Good luck.

At this point, if you know that the Tello is on the roof, you could recover somehow ...
for the problem of overheating, I don't know, I never had this kind of problem during the flight.

Must see this, like mytello acident.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv