Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Lost the bloody thing.

Kozzyt

Reaction score
If one has lost one's drone, probably in a well wooded area and stuck at the very top of a tree, that I simply have no idea which one.
The question is, if I get a new Tello will the wifi extender, (set up perfectly with the last one) work with the new drone, or will I have to set the extender up again?
The wind took over because I moved away from the extender.

Or, you could rename the SSID of the new drone to the same as the first one.

I'm not positive that would work, but might be worth a try.

If you don't remember the SSID of the lost one, it'll be in the Wi-Fi list on your phone. Just use the OEM Tello app to rename the new Tello

Thanks, I'll give that one a try, it woud seem easier. But i cant see the stock Tello wifi in the list on my phone.

Could you run that by me as to how to do it. Though i havent the new drone yet.

Got it... on my phone, Android 6.0 1, the list of past connections is on the main Wi-Fi settings screen.

However, looking on my tablet, Android 7.0, they are not there unless within range.

But I clicked the Configure button then clicked Saved Networks and the whole list of every Wi-Fi I've ever connected it to is there.

Let us know if you find it and we can go from there.

Reactions: Kozzyt and ZWActual
Thanks, found the whole list in advanced settings.
Now what exactly what do I do, I did rename the Tello drone`s wifi using the the Tello app.
And then using the extender called "Tello plus" connected through that.

Reactions: ZWActual
First, write down SSID of lost Tello, exactly as it's spelled.

When you get a new Tello:
  • Turn it on
  • Connect phone Wi-Fi to Tello hotspot
  • Start OEM Tello app and go to Settings -> Wi-Fi
  • Rename SSID to that of lost Tello
  • Don't forget, the password also has to be exactly the same
  • Exit all the way out of the app, turn Tello off
  • Leaving the extender out of the equation for now, restart Tello and phone Wi-Fi should connect.
  • If it works, try it with extender next... that should work too.

Thank @umanbean for thinking outside the box. I like to do things the hard way. :D
I'm hard-headed too, but:
I got my first computer in 1981. Less than two years later I was sales manager at a computer store and been an 'IT guy' ever since... when you've wrestled with as many computers printers peripherals and network devices as I have over the last thirty something years you've learned that if you can't go over it around it or under it you either sweet-talk it or just plow straight through.

@Kozzyt - first round's on me next time I'm back in Dublin ?
Let us know, Northside or Southside?
Y'all wait just a daggum minute now!... if @ZWActual it is buying, I want to be there too!... always wanted to go to Dublin, just let me know when!

I'm hard-headed too, but:
I got my first computer in 1981. Less than two years later I was sales manager at a computer store and been an 'IT guy' ever since... when you've wrestled with as many computers printers peripherals and network devices as I have over the last thirty something years you've learned that if you can't go over it around it or under it you either sweet-talk it or just plow straight through.

Y'all wait just a daggum minute now!... if @ZWActual it is buying, I want to be there too!... always wanted to go to Dublin, just let me know when!

@umanbean
Agreed. I'm in technology engineering/construction. Either I overthink things or sometimes have to render a decision in black and white, depending on the situation.

Of course you're invited, Guinness for all! Should make it a TelloPilot meet up!

@Kozzyt
I was working around the Silicon Docks just south of the River Liffey at the time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kozzyt
I'm pretty sure it won't work, the repeaters also look for the same Mac adresss of the old drone and you won't be able to change it on your new one

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv