Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Mavic mini

Me too. It will be my next drone in my line up. The mini is the perfect compromise for the air or pro and pro 2 series! I will have it next month and will post about it more then.

Reactions: xcrost and umanbean
thats why I cancelled the order with DJI. They could not give me a shipping date but only "20-25 weekdays from order" which translates to mid December.

Plus the fact that its much easier to deal with Amazon than with DJI in case of trouble.
Just in case Amazon does not ship on the 11th for some reason I have a backup order for pickup on the 11th at a local MediaMarkt :)

I am pretty determined to get one here asap. Not so much to fly it but to examine it and see if its hackable.

Smart thinking, Oh ( Mod Removed Langage)no, I don’t want to hear 20/25 (business) weekdays. No thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
And that's good news for all of us future MM owners!

I for one am hoping you can reverse-engineer it as thoroughly as you did the Tello....and hope you get it the 13th too - the sooner the better. :) Good luck
I agree - please let us know how you get on. Despite its lack of GPS the tello's tellofpv app seems to offer more functionality than the MM. Is the circle quick shot the same as POI? Can one 'lock' the MM onto a church spire for instance, rather than a person?

Happy hacking! Please put VR Viewer high on the list! ;) Thank you.
That is my prime objective for this drone!

We have a loophole in our regulations in Germany, I guess intended for FPV racers:
Any drone <250gr can not only be flown without registration or license, but also by FPV without using a spotter and even beyond visual line of sight. we just have to stay below 30m altitude if beyond VLOS.

I agree - please let us know how you get on. Despite its lack of GPS the tello's tellofpv app seems to offer more functionality than the MM. Is the circle quick shot the same as POI? Can one 'lock' the MM onto a church spire for instance, rather than a person?
I guess you can do a circle around a church, but I don't know which objects you can "lock on". The DJI Fly app has not been released, and nobody knows the final feature set.
I doubt they will add active track and such. It would have been easy for them to do this from the beginning, as the drone is easily capable of this and they have the code ready from their other drones.
But they chose not to for a reason. They even all these youtubers that have reviewed it not mention this as a negative even though everybody knows it is.

Personally I think this is just a strategic decision to separate MM from bigger drones make sure it does not eat a big market share of their more expensive drones. To support this DJI will lock up the drone and will not let Litchi support it.
The main question is how well do they lock it up? We shall see in a couple of days.

The dji fly app has been published on the Play Store.
I refrain from buying the Mavic Mini until volate!lo creates a new app.

Last edited:
Reactions: umanbean
still waiting for a shipment notification from Amazon (still says delivery Wednesday) or a pickup-notification from MediaMarkt :-(
Maybe my smart-*** strategy just fails and I have to wait until December?

But I downloaded DJI Fly yesterday and had a quick look. Seems I will be able to see data packets going back and forth between app and drone / controller, at least I could see the app was trying to find someone to talk to.

The dji fly app has been published on the Play Store.
I refrain from buying the Mavic Mini until volate!lo creates a new app.
It's not showing on the Play Store for me yet, will check later today.

Edit: Ok I see why now. Just noticed the link in your post, clicked it and page came up in my browser. Big red letters said my device is not compatible. Galaxy S5 Android 6.01

Last edited:
wonder why as its Android 6.0 or higher. Maybe requires a higher screen resolution?

One interesting detail: DJI Go 4 is listed as "dji.go.v4" and DJI Fly as "dji.go.v5"...

Reactions: umanbean and xcrost
My tablet is Huawei M3 Android 7.0... Play Store search did not find DJI Fly. Clicking the link in @hea-kun post brought up the correct page with no incompatibility warning but app will not download, just sits there saying 'waiting for download'... just an FYI for those with inquiring minds like me lol.

My tablet is Huawei M3 Android 7.0... Play Store search did not find DJI Fly. Clicking the link in @hea-kun post brought up the correct page with no incompatibility warning but app will not download, just sits there saying 'waiting for download'... just an FYI for those with inquiring minds like me lol.
I also could not find it using search but was able to install succesfully using the link. Note 9

243MB Download Size for the DJI Fly App.. What the hell is this app intended to do?

if you look at the ID its "dji.go.v5" so I suspect this will replace DJI Go app

So far my strategy has completely failed: No MM in sight :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv