Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Mavic mini

"So far" must not necessarily mean that there will never be an option, only that it might take more time to find an "intrusion vector" or some others (litchi) to pave a way in. Or maybe sniffing the data transfer over the wired connection between dji fly app and dji controller (if it's not encrypted) for example with Wireshark (CaptureSetup/USB - The Wireshark Wiki)

Last edited:
Reactions: stephanriederer
I can see three options:
Sneak the way into the USB connection between phone and controller. That would allow to use the . controller's extended range

Replicate the wifi communication controller - drone. Only short range (maybe OK with extender) but no controller required

API support from DJI (shortly after that litchi should support the MM)

I managed to kill my only rooted Android phone that could run DJI Fly so I'm currently waiting for a replacement to arrive.
Can't get that Iphone to record USB communication (not saying its impossible but I am a noob in the Apple world)

I can see three options:
Sneak the way into the USB connection between phone and controller. That would allow to use the . controller's extended range

Replicate the wifi communication controller - drone. Only short range (maybe OK with extender) but no controller required

API support from DJI (shortly after that litchi should support the MM)

I managed to kill my only rooted Android phone that could run DJI Fly so I'm currently waiting for a replacement to arrive.
Can't get that Iphone to record USB communication (not saying its impossible but I am a noob in the Apple world)
I believe Volate will release an “MM FPV” app with controller extensions in the near future.
And I already got MM so that I could help develop the app. ?
The completeness of the DJI FLY app is too low. This is especially true after using the Volate app.
I will continue to look forward to the day the app is released.20191207_102543.jpg

Anyone already have the MM? Could you answer me if it is good to fly at night? since this drone brings the same vps system of Tello and gps but what happens when the MM VPS does not have enough light? Is it risky to fly or normal? I am considering buying this Drone but it leaves me curious about that issue.

if I can find a way to get into the system? Either through hacking, or through SDK
Actual thread found on Mavic Pilots related SDK support of Mavic Mini. Maybe there is hope :)

Merry Christmas by the way :)

Last edited:
At least it will come.. Until now we were not sure if it will come one day, so at least this little progress is made :)

It's been eight months since then.
Finally, DJI has released the SDK and some apps are becoming mini compatible.
volate!lo still interested in creating mini apps?

It's been eight months since then.
Finally, DJI has released the SDK and some apps are becoming mini compatible.
volate!lo still interested in creating mini apps?

Litchi rules the DJI world and it seems they have added followme for the Mini. Waypoints has also been added by dronelink and a few others. So the most important features are there.

In a few weeks summer will be over and I will be back at the computer, but right now I have other priorities. Sun, fun, lying at the pool, BBQ,
Once the weather turns bad I'll be back at the computer to continue. Still have a couple ideas for TelloFpv and TelloMe, and I am still determined to bring TelloFpv to IOS.

Litchi rules the DJI world and it seems they have added followme for the Mini. Waypoints has also been added by dronelink and a few others. So the most important features are there.

In a few weeks summer will be over and I will be back at the computer, but right now I have other priorities. Sun, fun, lying at the pool, BBQ,
Once the weather turns bad I'll be back at the computer to continue. Still have a couple ideas for TelloFpv and TelloMe, and I am still determined to bring TelloFpv to IOS.
Litchi excels at waypoints, but poor at tracking.
If you have the time, I hope that the functionality of "Tello Me" will be reproduced in the Mavic mini world.

Reactions: r0ckf1re

Yes, Lifchi has follow me. Saw a video where it followed a car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
philipp.weisser@ksehingen