Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Modifying Tello as FPV Drone

nickhil

Reaction score
Hey Folks,

I flying Tello since last 6 months. Now, I want to modify my Tello as FPV drone. Did someone already modify as such? If yes then how we do it?

Hey Folks,

I flying Tello since last 6 months. Now, I want to modify my Tello as FPV drone. Did someone already modify as such? If yes then how we do it?
You go to the iOS App Store or the Google play store and make a small purchase for tello FPV. Just type in Tello and keep scrolling because there’s so many third-party apps that you’ll enjoy but that one was made by someone who frequents this for him and he’s a whiz. Just make the purchase download and follow the instructions. If you need help come back to this forum he will most likely help you if he hasn’t already. I think you can type in his handle and they will bring up his apps, all of them for purchase. He goes by Volatello.

Reactions: BigL
You go to the iOS App Store or the Google play store and make a small purchase for tello FPV. Just type in Tello and keep scrolling because there’s so many third-party apps that you’ll enjoy but that one was made by someone who frequents this for him and he’s a whiz. Just make the purchase download and follow the instructions. If you need help come back to this forum he will most likely help you if he hasn’t already. I think you can type in his handle and they will bring up his apps, all of them for purchase. He goes by Volatello.
So with that TelloFPV App and any FPV Goggle, I can have real FPV experience?

So with that TelloFPV App and any FPV Goggle, I can have real FPV experience?
Not exactly - Tello does not have any standard FPV gear onboard so can't transmit to normal FPV goggles.
For that you have to add your own FPV camera.

But you can add a suported (wired / wireless) gamepad style controller for this and put the phone into cheap VR goggles. As many people already have some supported gamepad they only need to purchase VR goggles (starting around $10 in china or on craigslist)

The original Ryze app already has that feature built in. Sadly it's crippled as you will only be able to see both images if your pupil-distance, your phone's display size and the VR goggles used are a perfect match which is highly unlikely. Actually impossible with today's large phones so the Ryze app simply can't work for the vast majority of people.

TelloFpv on the other hand allows you to configure the screen to match your eyes & VR goggles.

Reactions: nickhil
Not exactly - Tello does not have any standard FPV gear onboard so can't transmit to normal FPV goggles.
For that you have to add your own FPV camera.

But you can add a suported (wired / wireless) gamepad style controller for this and put the phone into cheap VR goggles. As many people already have some supported gamepad they only need to purchase VR goggles (starting around $10 in china or on craigslist)

The original Ryze app already has that feature built in. Sadly it's crippled as you will only be able to see both images if your pupil-distance, your phone's display size and the VR goggles used are a perfect match which is highly unlikely. Actually impossible with today's large phones so the Ryze app simply can't work for the vast majority of people.

TelloFpv on the other hand allows you to configure the screen to match your eyes & VR goggles.
Thanks for detailed explanation! That goes straight into my brain!

Reactions: volate!lo
Ok na het finetunen blijf ik de beelden dubbel zien met een vr bril, iemand nog tips??

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv