Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Motor replacement

Mary

Reaction score
M1(front left motor) got damaged and I replaced it with another one. The replacement is not spinning at all (i know the motor works because I tested it with a different power source). But I'm sure I did everything right when soldering it. I also realised that the camera has also stopped working. Please can anyone help me know if these two incidents are related and whether anything can be done about either of them.

Please can anyone help me know if these two incidents are related
No. Unless your description was too broad and inaccurate; then maybe yes.

whether anything can be done about either of them.
Yes. You diagnose, then you fix.
Or you go to a repair place where they know how to do that.

Here's some basic info to get understanding how the Tello works:
O-Gs Wiki: Tello core board

M1(front left motor) got damaged and I replaced it with another one. The replacement is not spinning at all (i know the motor works because I tested it with a different power source). But I'm sure I did everything right when soldering it. I also realised that the camera has also stopped working. Please can anyone help me know if these two incidents are related and whether anything can be done about either of t

Did you use a soldiering iron with a temperature controller because too much heat can damage a board. I know keeping the soldering contacts clean and separate can be tricky because I've been there. Oily or grease fingers can also short a board. New Boards are available through the internet.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv