Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Motor screeches

Ocktiy

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I've had my tello for about two weeks. After the last flight, two of the motors started to screech. When I recharged and tried to fly it, the drone flew uncontrollable and crashed after a few seconds. I've tried using wd40 but with no effect. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks

Did you crash before the motors started to screech? It may be bent shafts.

if u crashed before you may have bent the shaft, replacement motor is your only option. If not then it is a faulty unit and you should have a warranty return/exchange. Btw how did you find out which motors were screeching, did you hand turn the props and hear noise?

Did you crash before the motors started to screech? It may be bent shafts.
I didn't have any serious crash with my tello. On the last flight I landed it normally, because the baterry discharged.
The motor screeches are hearable when I turn them by hand.
Might try to do it IMU calibration
I've done that several times, but with no effect.
My only explanation is that some kind of dust, dirt and oil accumulated in the motors.

I didn't have any serious crash with my tello. On the last flight I landed it normally, because the baterry discharged.

My only explanation is that some kind of dust, dirt and oil accumulated in the motors.
Can you post a video of your drone making this sound?

Reactions: Guorium

Should be silent when u hand turn it. Something is defo wrong

I agree, a bent shaft from a crash or otherwise is the most likely couse of the motors squealing. I'm new to drones, but an old hand at electric motors of all sizes. I do not recommend WD40, or any other lube for that matter. The lube will attract dust/grit to the shaft and bearing and cause gumming. The other issue, depending how you lubed it, could cause extra lube to get inside the motor. This then would setup a dielectric film on the commutator, reducing power output and maybe other undesirable behavior. What do you experienced droners think? .........bob

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv