Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Mounting action camera

Reaction score
Anyone think it’s a good idea to pick up a tiny 1080 action camera to Velcro to this thing? I can deal with the pictures it takes but video is no go for my needs. I bought this to toss up and take a few shots on adventures. My Mavic is too much to setup in random spots and I know this “toy” will never compare but at least a solution to a tiny improvement would be worth another 60 bucks or so to me.

Anyone think it’s a good idea to pick up a tiny 1080 action camera to Velcro to this thing? I can deal with the pictures it takes but video is no go for my needs. I bought this to toss up and take a few shots on adventures. My Mavic is too much to setup in random spots and I know this “toy” will never compare but at least a solution to a tiny improvement would be worth another 60 bucks or so to me.

There is a guy on YouTube carrying a Polaroid Cube on his Tello. It looks like he used double sided tape to mount it and used several layers to get the Cube high enough to clear the props.

Reactions: Techandfitness
I too was thinking about buying an SQ12. Pretty cheap and decent video.
Also, I saw someone sticking a polaroid cube into the drone on YouTube.

Reactions: Fari
There is a guy on YouTube carrying a Polaroid Cube on his Tello. It looks like he used double sided tape to mount it and used several layers to get the Cube high enough to clear the props.
Awesome yeah I was trying to figure out what camera that was. The footage doesn’t look that much better though.. Mobius makes a 69 dollar super small wide angle that I’m looking at. If the cube is cheap I’ll grab it and see how it goes.

Interesting. And we thought it struggled in wind before... Add a fair bit of weight and significant surface area. I'm curious how the Tello handles after such a mod. ?

Interesting. And we thought it struggled in wind before... Add a fair bit of weight and significant surface area. I'm curious how the Tello handles after such a mod. ?
That doesn’t worry me, today I flew to test out my WiFi repeater I’m sustained winds of 10mph gusts up to 18mph with no scares. Fast mode is the only way though. I wouldn’t plan on taking footage in winds, well since Iv already learned it’s limitations. Lol

Reactions: Xtian
Hmm. I tried mounting my GoPro Session (74g) to the bottom of the Tello using an elastic band (quick test launching from bed to provide soft landing)
result, failed takeoff - the Tello tried, but tipped forward as soon as the back props got any lift.
It may be possible to mount the GoPro more centrally on the top but I imagine it will still make the Tello very unstable in flight.
Looking at weight, the polaroid cube is 47g, which is a big chunk lighter.

Reactions: Banned
You can't control the flight with the camera taped on top?

Yes, you can but I was watching the video instead of the drone and didn't react fast enough. I was using a new controller and apparently did not have it pushed full forward but instead full left/forward. No harm no foul, there was no damage anything.

I fixed a random 25mw cam rubber band style as well. It really shows how well this thing handles compared to any of the analog "sticks". Its full awesome.

Less awesome however landing upside-down with rubber band cam setup. I enjoy aggressive landings so I pulled it off.

Reactions: Pallidin
Hmm. I tried mounting my GoPro Session (74g) to the bottom of the Tello using an elastic band (quick test launching from bed to provide soft landing)
result, failed takeoff - the Tello tried, but tipped forward as soon as the back props got any lift.
It may be possible to mount the GoPro more centrally on the top but I imagine it will still make the Tello very unstable in flight.
Looking at weight, the polaroid cube is 47g, which is a big chunk lighter.

Any thing or mode you think could make it work with the Gorpro hero Session

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv