Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

My Tello just wanders after launch

Tom4707

Reaction score
Help! It was working fine yesterday. Tonight I launched it indoors and instead of hovering in one place, it goes slowly off into a wall. It won't respond to land or panic button. I used the Tello FPV app. I tried the original app and the same thing happened. It just ignores all commands and slowly crashes into a wall.

I can think of 2 possibilities why you are having this problem.

1. There is no pattern in the floor, so the Tello doesn't know where he is standing, therefore drifts.

2. You are flying on a dark or poorly light room, therefore the Tello can't see the floor and will drift.

Is either one the cause of your problems?

Reactions: Skyfli
Upon rereading your post. I see it didn't respond to your commands. Did it disconnect from your phone? Perhaps asking @volate!lo can bring up better answers, since he is the creator of TelloFPV.

I can think of 2 possibilities why you are having this problem.

1. There is no pattern in the floor, so the Tello doesn't know where he is standing, therefore drifts.

2. You are flying on a dark or poorly light room, therefore the Tello can't see the floor and will drift.

Is either one the cause of your problems?
That was it! I was flying in a semi dark room with the TV on. Thanks so much!
I'll never do that again... Lol

Reactions: Ansia
There is a thing called a manual ;) read it maybe?
Well, in OP's defense, the manual delivered with the device is so small as to be nearly impossible to read, including the directions to download a PDF. Perhaps we could provide an annotated version of the manual on the Wiki here...

Reactions: Skyfli
Well, in OP's defense, the manual delivered with the device is so small as to be nearly impossible to read, including the directions to download a PDF. Perhaps we could provide an annotated version of the manual on the Wiki here...
It is small. Thank god I could still read it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv