Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

native language on Tello and is it possible to move one motor?

kakcalu13

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have two questions. Do you know if the native language on Tello is Scratch by default? I'm trying to find a way to access to it to reduce the power for every time it take off. I wanted to save battery as much as I can during my development time. I have one battery at the moment. For some reason, I felt like it has its own program running when I connect it with Python. How do I view that or edit that?

Second question, do you know how to move one rotor only? I wanted to be able to move each motor individually using Python. I can programming scratch too if it's the default language.

Thank you kindly for your time!

On API level, there is no function to modify takeoff behaviour or control single motors.

Reactions: kakcalu13
On API level, there is no function to modify takeoff behaviour or control single motors.
Thank you kindly for the reply! So it seems that I need to modify the original source instead of API level then.

I hope this is not too much to ask, but do you happen to have a link where I can access to the source code, or maybe even programming?

The firmware code is not public. I did never see a report of someone who could hack into it.

Regarding takeoff, I do not see a reason for modifications. If you have a problem with short flight time and only one battery, Tello is propably not the right choice.

May I ask, for what purpose you want to control a single motor?

Ah, gotcha! That's OK. Thank you so much for your time!

To answer your question, we are designing an adaptive control system that can learn to fly the drone on its own hence need to give the controller low-level control of the drone at all time.

Ah, gotcha! That's OK. Thank you so much for your time!

To answer your question, we are designing an adaptive control system that can learn to fly the drone on its own hence need to give the controller low-level control of the drone at all time.
There are commands elastic enough to basically fly it "real time FPV", tou could be able to program it to move autonomically with those.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv