Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

New Android App: TelloMe (FollowMe for Tello)

If I installed non-google play and paid for the unlock, will the purchase be saved when updated?

yes no problem. The license stays with your play store account. You can also switch phones, or install on a second phone.

Hello volate|lo, I've just bought 2 Tellos for my 2 young kids but was wondering which phones to get for them (both do not have their own phones yet). I was wondering if the specs of Samsung A10s which have a more powerful CPU than S7 can handle the Tellome app. RAM wise, the A10s only have 2MB. So wondering which is more important? CPU power or RAM?

Hello volate|lo, I've just bought 2 Tellos for my 2 young kids but was wondering which phones to get for them (both do not have their own phones yet). I was wondering if the specs of Samsung A10s which have a more powerful CPU than S7 can handle the Tellome app. RAM wise, the A10s only have 2MB. So wondering which is more important? CPU power or RAM?
I haven't heard anything about the A10 but I was told that the A9 works well so the A10 should not be a problem.
Generally speaking its mostly about CPU / GPU performance. Memory isn't really important, unless other apps are blocking it. Tellome itself only uses a few MB.

I haven't heard anything about the A10 but I was told that the A9 works well so the A10 should not be a problem.
Generally speaking its mostly about CPU / GPU performance. Memory isn't really important, unless other apps are blocking it. Tellome itself only uses a few MB.

Thanks, looking forward to coming weekend fun with the Tellome.

Reactions: volate!lo
Everything seems to be working as expected with my Note 9. Thanks again for all your hard work! REC feature purchased! It's amazing all the features you have brought out of the Tello! You rock!

Reactions: volate!lo
Hello,
@volate!lo is there an audio recording feature for Tello me as it´s in FPV?
I have few nice videos of family from my today's flights, but I missed a bit the sounds while we watched them.
Did I miss something in settings or manual?
Thank you

I've bought 2 tellos and tellome app for android. For Tello 1, it takes a while for tellome to find the tello even after I've connected to the tello via wifi. For Tello 2, tellome totally cannot recognize the drone despite being connected to the tello 2 via wifi. Does tellome only recognize 1 tello per phone only?

Thanks

A real automobile.
The TelloMe IOS has a "Object follow" which is more a pattern follow, because you select some area on the screen and the app tracks this. Could work for a car if you go really slow and have some contrast (green car against bushes or brown car against mud probably not)

TelloMe Android does not have this, but I am working on an object follow (where car is an object).

Hello,
@volate!lo is there an audio recording feature for Tello me as it´s in FPV?
I have few nice videos of family from my today's flights, but I missed a bit the sounds while we watched them.
Did I miss something in settings or manual?
Thank you
I haven't added this to TelloMe for two reasons: First it has negative effects on video quality, and second it adds yet another thread of work, so adds load to the CPU.

I've bought 2 tellos and tellome app for android. For Tello 1, it takes a while for tellome to find the tello even after I've connected to the tello via wifi. For Tello 2, tellome totally cannot recognize the drone despite being connected to the tello 2 via wifi. Does tellome only recognize 1 tello per phone only?

Thanks
Should not be a problem if you restart the app, but I don't think I ever tested switching between Tellos on the fly without restarting the app.

Some Android phones tests & monitors internet connectivity when selecting a new wifi network. While testing the connection the phone shows it's connected to the Tello wifi but it does not allow the app to use the connection. Nothing I can do about this, its an android thing.
To test if this is the case: connect to tello wifi, wait 10s to see if Android shows some message about lack of internet connectivity, and then start TelloMe. It should connect within maybe 2 seconds.

The TelloMe IOS has a "Object follow" which is more a pattern follow, because you select some area on the screen and the app tracks this. Could work for a car if you go really slow and have some contrast (green car against bushes or brown car against mud probably not)

TelloMe Android does not have this, but I am working on an object follow (where car is an object).

I am working with an Android Samsung Galaxy S7 and it makes great video but would like to have a follow object so I can just have it turn as I am driving by it slowly obviously. Thanks for replying!

I haven't added this to TelloMe for two reasons: First it has negative effects on video quality, and second it adds yet another thread of work, so adds load to the CPU.

Should not be a problem if you restart the app, but I don't think I ever tested switching between Tellos on the fly without restarting the app.

Some Android phones tests & monitors internet connectivity when selecting a new wifi network. While testing the connection the phone shows it's connected to the Tello wifi but it does not allow the app to use the connection. Nothing I can do about this, its an android thing.
To test if this is the case: connect to tello wifi, wait 10s to see if Android shows some message about lack of internet connectivity, and then start TelloMe. It should connect within maybe 2 seconds.
So if I had a big orange flag on a vehicle would tellome on ios follow that object?

Yup, tried killing all tello related app and restart and it worked. Thanks.

I just released a new app TelloMe to Android play store. Currently release in the beta preview stream so only available via this link:
Play Store TelloMe

TelloMe is an app for just one thing:

It makes Tello follow a face / person (or a small group of people).

Tello can rotate to follow, or stay at a position relative to the person using roll instead of yaw (Called profile mode: that is Tello can record a walking person from the side, or from ahead).
Tello can keep a constant distance, and adjust the altitude to keep the object in view.
Computer vision requires image stabilization so it's slow video mode only, no sport mode. Maximum speed is slow running and calm weather is required. Even little wind affects tracking ability as Tello reacts differently upwind vs downwind.

In addition to Follow mode there are two more flight modes:
  • Orbit:
    Fly a circle around a person, which also works while walking slowly. Orbiting also works for the front part of a face (but will stop once the face is no longer visible).
  • Manual:
    Tello stays focused on the object. You can fly around using one onscreen joystick for pitch & roll. TelloMe takes care of yaw & throttle to keep the face / person in view.

Basically it is the same as TelloMe iOS, with one exception: No object follow, but that has never really been used much anyway. I may add this at a later point but no promises.

What this app is not:
This app is strictly dedicated to Computer Vision / FollowMe and is more or less feature complete. I am not saying it won't improve over time but it will not evolve into a another TelloFpv.
At the same time I have no plans to include FollowMe functionality into TelloFpv. There are a number of reasons but the main one is: I know FollowMe will trigger tons of 1 star reviews because it will never work on older phones or budget phones (which is what over 50% of my TelloFpv users have).

Distribution model: The app itself is free but does not record video. There is an in-app purchase to enable recording. Price depends on currency, taxes & fees.

Beware: This is Beta so please expect bugs. Not so much control bugs but more crashes of the app itself. I will iron them out over the next days.
Also I know the ZFlip and a few other high end phones don't work. No clue why but I will find a way to find out whats going on.

View attachment 5941
wont work on my new android 9 phone..did not pass the test...why?

wont work on my new android 9 phone..did not pass the test...why?
Don't know. What are the FPS figures? If they are all 0fps then there must be some problem / bug. If they are just low that means that the phone is too weak.

"New" does not necessarily mean "powerful". There are many brand new devices on the market that are by far too weak. On the other hand there are 4-5 year old devices that are powerful enough (but these were premium flagship models of that time).

Reactions: Dean Lighty

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karlyan