Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

New app flight plan for tello on iOS

see other thread, totally unrelated incidents unless you broke the controller by hammering it hard

If the app asks you to put stick in neutral, even though the sticks are visually centered this just means the controller does not report neutral sticks as 0 which it should.
Why I don't know, its a controller problem. Check with a gamepad tester, it will show the same misalignment

I tried this and indeed it stopped. However now when I try to start up nothing happens. I get a message on the Tello FVP app; "Please set all controller sticks to neutral first." ??? Checked in teh manual and saw nothing that referred to this problem (Gamesir T1s controller).
Have you tried it without the T1s? That would be the first thing I'd do after that message.

The right stick on my T1s started not centering and Tello would creep forward instead of hovering at a standstill. So that's not an uncommon symptom on gamesir controllers. A couple of squirts of Deoxit D5 fixed it.

Thanks for the help guys. What I did today was first as Volatello suggests, make the external controller "student" and keep the onscreen controls "master". Tried it indoors and seemed okay. Then for the first time I took it outside and it acted almost perfectly! I’m a “newbie” so I have been learning to control it indoors. I guess the low light condition indoors was possibly the cause of some of my problems?? Now I say “almost” perfectly as I can start takeoff from the controller, but to land I have to go to the onscreen “land.” Hey, I’m an “old guy” but having a ball just like a kid learning to fly my Tello!

Reactions: Terry
I recently tried to release TelloMe which is a visual follow me but have troubles getting through the review process.
Once that is done, I may look into TelloFpv for IOS but chances are getting slim. I am not going to spend hundreds of hours on something that apple may just refuse to publish.

Why don't you release it on TestFlight platform and let us help beta test it for you? to speed things up. My son is an Apple developer so I can contact him also, He flies rc heli's,,,,,

if you can takeoff using the controller you can also land. Same button
I thought it indeed was that way when I first set it up. I since have disabled "confirm takeoff" in the settings. Does that affect landing with the controller?

Why don't you release it on TestFlight platform and let us help beta test it for you? to speed things up. My son is an Apple developer so I can contact him also, He flies rc heli's,,,,,
The first build of a new app to be release on test flight has to pass the same review

I thought it indeed was that way when I first set it up. I since have disabled "confirm takeoff" in the settings. Does that affect landing with the controller?
Nope. Works for tenthousand users so i guess you are doing something wrong but I have no idea what this could be

Reactions: Magoo582
There is no TelloFpv app for IOS. Actually there is no IOS app other than the Ryze app that is worth purchasing.

I recently tried to release TelloMe which is a visual follow me but have troubles getting through the review process.
Once that is done, I may look into TelloFpv for IOS but chances are getting slim. I am not going to spend hundreds of hours on something that apple may just refuse to publish.

Funny thing: on the same date that I tried to release my app a similar Tello app "Flight Plan" was released. I got in touch with the developer and he said he did not have to do anything special for his app to get approval.

Try to communicate this to Apple.There is absolutely no reason for your TelloMe app to be rejected.

Reactions: Magoo582

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccer843