Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

New app: TelloFPV for Android

It's the same account and still have to pay again. Will try a restart, maybe that works.
If its the same account you should be able to use it, also if its just an account that belongs to the same family library.

If you still have to pay you either have a different main account configured on the other device, or maybe play store has cancelled the purchase due to payment problems (happens from time to time).
Whatever it is, this is nothing a developer can influence. If there is a problem only Google can solve this.

In the end I got it to to install through the play store website on my laptop. A weird workaround, but at least it worked. Thanks for the replies.

Hello volate!lo,
I'm interested in your implementation of 360 and circle mode. I use the first to make 360 panorama, the second for photogrammetry (taking a photo every pre-defined angle step).
Could you please publish the relative source code section or at least a detailed description of your algorithm ?
I'm a newbie programmer and I already implemented these two mode in Krag's TelloLib but they don't seem so efficient as your method.
Thanks in advance.

Hello volate!lo,
I'm interested in your implementation of 360 and circle mode. I use the first to make 360 panorama, the second for photogrammetry (taking a photo every pre-defined angle step).
Could you please publish the relative source code section or at least a detailed description of your algorithm ?
I'm a newbie programmer and I already implemented these two mode in Krag's TelloLib but they don't seem so efficient as your method.
Thanks in advance.
Sorry but this is a commercial project and I don't share or publish source code or algorithms.

Just one hint: If you want to get this right forget all available libraries and programs. Use tcpdump and wireshark to analyse the data stream and then write your app from the ground up. The Wiki here contains some very useful information as a starting point.

Hi volate!lo
Thank you so much for this awsome app. I‘m very excited for the next beta version. Do you think it‘ll be released this weekend?

Bunz

@volate!lo I have a suggestion for a future version of TelloFPV for your consideration. I would like to use the Master/Student functionality to teach drone flying outside but I am concerned that the student could fly out of range before I can hit Panic or otherwise take control. Would it be possible to include a ‘distance limit’ parameter which could be set to ensure the drone stays within a safe distance from home point?

Reactions: MrSpok
... or alternatively stop if Wifi signal is too weak.

volate!lo

If it is not too much to ask, can you please add an option to turn on the joystick display (all 4 channel) for external remote control. This display is very useful to confirm the function of external remote. Also looking forward for adjustable output for all 4 axis.

Best Regards.

... or alternatively stop if Wifi signal is too weak.
Well yes, and maybe I shouldn’t let beginners use my drone. You miss the point. TelloFPV was specifically designed for FPV and master/student training. So if my student is flying FPV (possibly with the phone inside goggles) how can I know they are flying at the limits of the wifi signal? I have the master controller but not the screen. If there is need of a height limiter then why shouldn’t I ask for a distance limiter? Or am I missing something?

I think the wifi signal strength was a serious request just like yours.

Wifi signal strength is easy to do, but I won't do it because it would be totally unreliable. I would be faced faced with complains about tello losing wifi signal without stopping, and tello stopping with a wifi signal that looks OK. Discussed this in relation to "wifi low" alarm a couple of times.

Max altitude is a technical limitation of tello due to the VPS being capable only of certain altitudes.
A max distance is possible and on the todo list, but its not the right solutio to your problem and its pretty low priority.
Way above that is a feature that I always had in mind, but never found the time to implement: Two phones used in parallel, one for master and one for student. Both sharing the same video feed, possibly VR. Should be possible with minimal delay, as long as a wifi extender is used.
The cool thing is that this would also allow to have the wifey join for a VR FPV trip.

But as said, not implemented yet.

Reactions: brick72 and xcrost
volate!lo

If it is not too much to ask, can you please add an option to turn on the joystick display (all 4 channel) for external remote control. This display is very useful to confirm the function of external remote. Also looking forward for adjustable output for all 4 axis.

Best Regards.
The adjustable output as far as I understand it is called rate, and is available under controller tuning.
As for visual indication of stick positions: Not that easy as it would break a few design decisions. Maybe I can find a solution for it but no promises.

Two phones linked to the same drone sharing controls and video feed would be an awesome mastr/student feature! As would be a distance limiter for the same reason there is a parameter for height limit! ?

Reactions: xcrost
I understand what its good for, but just to be clear:

VPS switches off above 30m altitude. So there is a hard limit that cannot be exceeded.
For distance there is no such thing. Distance with appropriate extender is only limited by battery.

Way above that is a feature that I always had in mind, but never found the time to implement: Two phones used in parallel, one for master and one for student. Both sharing the same video feed, possibly VR. Should be possible with minimal delay, as long as a wifi extender is used.
The cool thing is that this would also allow to have the wifey join for a VR FPV trip.
I have my fingers crossed on this one! Thank you!

I understand what its good for, but just to be clear:

VPS switches off above 30m altitude. So there is a hard limit that cannot be exceeded.
For distance there is no such thing. Distance with appropriate extender is only limited by battery.
Absolutely. VPS has a limit of 30m, yet TelloFPV still has need for a parameter to limit the height to something below 30m. Likewise, an extender can be used to both extend the wifi distance range, but also to improve video signal at a distance. A distance limit would ensure a student didn’t stray beyond a certain point even though the video was still good and the wifi signal was still reasonable.

Here we go, the next version.

The public beta on Google Play store has grown to over 250 users, which is too much, but I can't find a way to throw them out. Also I don't really get that much feedback, people are just using it to get early access to new features but don't provide much feedback.
So I'm back to publish betas here and see ow that works out. The APK is the full version but works only if you purchased the full version via play store.

This version brings a few changes in the UI:
  • POI lock and POIC circle now require a POI to be set before activating. Next to the home button is a new button with a little flag. Use this to place a POI to be used for POI lock and POI Circle autopilots. Press it to set the POI to the current position, press again to set POI to the home position instead. Long press to open a dialog where you can set a POI in a distance. An active POI (other than home) is displayed onscreen using the flag like the home indicator.
  • The dialogs for autopilots have been replaced. You can press the + / - to change the values. Or you can move the selection up&down using pitch and change values using roll. This works also in VR mode.
  • If you press POI lock Tello will rotate towards the POI and keep the heading toard POI.
  • If you press POI Circle this will open a new dialog where you can enter the speed & direction, and set a timer.
  • Next to POI Lock is a new Up&Away button. It opens a dialog where you can slect distance, speed, and timer.
  • The Pano button now has two functions: In Photo mode it will shoot panoramic photos, in video mode it allows you to do a video 360 at custom speeds.
  • There is no hand button for hand launch & landing anymore. Long press the takeoff/land button instead.
The original Tello flightmodes up&away, 360, circle have been removed as they are obsolete with the new Autopilots, and people were confused about the duplication.
Due to weather the Autopilots have not been tested as much as I wanted. Please do not use them in long distance / high altitude / strong wind scenarios.

Since 1.06
New
* Point of Interest can be "dropped" to the current position, to the home position, or set with a dialog
* New autopilot: Up & away for any distance and speed
* New autopilot: 360° video at any speed
* Dialogs for Autopilots can be controlled with Roll & Pitch
* STOP button cancels photo download
* Bitrate displayed (only if corruption indicator option is switched on)
* 8D flips (diagonal flips)

Changes
* supports two controllers of the same name
* Original flightmodes up&away, 360, circle have been removed as they are obsolete now
* Video automatically starts for autopilots in video mode
* Sensitive area around the STOP button enlarged

Fixes
* RTH rotates slower in case a low quality wifi link results in slow VPS updates (Rotation was overshooting)

Open issues
* Translation changes for modified / added functions
* Manual needs update

Attachments

• app-full-release.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 60
Two phones used in parallel, one for master and one for student. Both sharing the same video feed, possibly VR. Should be possible with minimal delay, as long as a wifi extender is used.

That would be the most awesome feature I could think of! Glad you thought of it! Can hardly wait for that one.

Reactions: xcrost
One question...If I experience something "bad" can I re-install beta 1.06 from playstore? Just curious. Thanks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv