Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

New app: TelloFPV for Android

Here we go, the next version.

The public beta on Google Play store has grown to over 250 users, which is too much, but I can't find a way to throw them out. Also I don't really get that much feedback, people are just using it to get early access to new features but don't provide much feedback.
So I'm back to publish betas here and see ow that works out. The APK is the full version but works only if you purchased the full version via play store.

This version brings a few changes in the UI:
  • POI lock and POIC circle now require a POI to be set before activating. Next to the home button is a new button with a little flag. Use this to place a POI to be used for POI lock and POI Circle autopilots. Press it to set the POI to the current position, press again to set POI to the home position instead. Long press to open a dialog where you can set a POI in a distance. An active POI (other than home) is displayed onscreen using the flag like the home indicator.
  • The dialogs for autopilots have been replaced. You can press the + / - to change the values. Or you can move the selection up&down using pitch and change values using roll. This works also in VR mode.
  • If you press POI lock Tello will rotate towards the POI and keep the heading toard POI.
  • If you press POI Circle this will open a new dialog where you can enter the speed & direction, and set a timer.
  • Next to POI Lock is a new Up&Away button. It opens a dialog where you can slect distance, speed, and timer.
  • The Pano button now has two functions: In Photo mode it will shoot panoramic photos, in video mode it allows you to do a video 360 at custom speeds.
  • There is no hand button for hand launch & landing anymore. Long press the takeoff/land button instead.
The original Tello flightmodes up&away, 360, circle have been removed as they are obsolete with the new Autopilots, and people were confused about the duplication.
Due to weather the Autopilots have not been tested as much as I wanted. Please do not use them in long distance / high altitude / strong wind scenarios.

Since 1.06
New
* Point of Interest can be "dropped" to the current position, to the home position, or set with a dialog
* New autopilot: Up & away for any distance and speed
* New autopilot: 360° video at any speed
* Dialogs for Autopilots can be controlled with Roll & Pitch
* STOP button cancels photo download
* Bitrate displayed (only if corruption indicator option is switched on)
* 8D flips (diagonal flips)

Changes
* supports two controllers of the same name
* Original flightmodes up&away, 360, circle have been removed as they are obsolete now
* Video automatically starts for autopilots in video mode
* Sensitive area around the STOP button enlarged

Fixes
* RTH rotates slower in case a low quality wifi link results in slow VPS updates (Rotation was overshooting)

Open issues
* Translation changes for modified / added functions
* Manual needs update
I'm sorry I have not given useful information until now.

There is an abnormality in the part which supports the two controllers of the same name changed in the new version.
If you perform the "Search for a new controller" operation on the controller screen while connecting the wired connection controller (Gamesir t 1) inherited from the previous version, the controller will become two.
It may be your intention so far.
In that state, if you perform the "Clear" setting on the controller screen and then perform the "Search for new controllers" operation, you can locate the controller and choose either the master or the student, but the controller actually It is not connected and can not be used.
This may be a problem only with wired connections.

There is an abnormality in the part which supports the two controllers of the same name changed in the new version.
If you perform the "Search for a new controller" operation on the controller screen while connecting the wired connection controller (Gamesir t 1) inherited from the previous version, the controller will become two.
In that state, if you perform the "Clear" setting on the controller screen and then perform the "Search for new controllers" operation, you can locate the controller and choose either the master or the student, but the controller actually It is not connected and can not be used.
I tried the same thing with the controller of Bluetooth connection (Gamesir t 1), but I can use it as it is possible to reconnect as master or student's choice.
Only wired connection seems to be wrong.

Did‘t tested the app now, but I saw a mistake, by checking how it looks like after the update, in the german version. In the settings Video und Foto there is written Höhenangabaen instead of Höhenangaben

"Unable to play video. File has incorrect data."

Has anyone seen this message on a Samsung device? It happens on quite a few of my videos. Then I can only watch the first few seconds of the clip and it stops and shows this message.

I am looking forward to test new exciting features TelloFPV 1.07 beta.

Unfortunately I have to wait a couple of days for testing in flight.

Bitrate showed at upper main screen is a GREAT idea. I love it. I only miss a controler shortcut for easier bitrate adjust, like camera expo ;)

Raul

Last edited:

Has anyone seen this message on a Samsung device? It happens on quite a few of my videos. Then I can only watch the first few seconds of the clip and it stops and shows this message.
I suffered similar video issues last versions. Ensure you stop video recording before exiting TelloFPV app letting enought time for video file closing.

Raul.

I bought these new VR glasses (samsung gear vr oculus) at 25 euros will be compatible with my Samsung Note 3 NEO and the app TelloFPV? it will not be a phone with an excellent screen, but something will be seen ....
I hope to try the new V.1.07 soon;)(y)

@volate!lo,

It's impossible for me mapping Gamesir T1 OTG wired controller into TelloFPV 1.07. Controller succesfully detected but annoying message "Mapping can only be modified when controller is connected". Controller works perfect into android OS even I can use it for navigating though TelloFPV menus.

It's a clean TelloFPV install as I deleted previous versions. I tried logical procedures as rebooting phone with no success.

Any clue ?

Raul

Attachments

• IMG_20190303_182904.jpg
    IMG_20190303_182904.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 22

seems to be related to Rauls problem with the T1. I will check this and fix.

Did‘t tested the app now, but I saw a mistake, by checking how it looks like after the update, in the german version. In the settings Video und Foto there is written Höhenangabaen instead of Höhenangaben
fixed

I heard this a few times now, seems to be related to Samsung Android 6.0.1?
I am looking forward to test new exciting features TelloFPV 1.07 beta.

Unfortunately I have to wait a couple of days for testing in flight.

Bitrate showed at upper main screen is a GREAT idea. I love it. I only miss a controler shortcut for easier bitrate adjust, like camera expo ;)

Raul
On the todo list...

I bought these new VR glasses (samsung gear vr oculus) at 25 euros will be compatible with my Samsung Note 3 NEO and the app TelloFPV? it will not be a phone with an excellent screen, but something will be seen ....
I hope to try the new V.1.07 soon;)(y)
I am not sure. Works only if you can switch off the Gear mode (if your phone supports this). GearVr has its own ecosystem, and only special apps work with this.

I tested the 1.07 version, and there is sometimes a problem when activating AP. The buttons start flashing.
Do you have a screenrecording? I haven't seen this so far

@volate!lo,

It's impossible for me mapping Gamesir T1 OTG wired controller into TelloFPV 1.07. Controller succesfully detected but annoying message "Mapping can only be modified when controller is connected". Controller works perfect into android OS even I can use it for navigating though TelloFPV menus.

It's a clean TelloFPV install as I deleted previous versions. I tried logical procedures as rebooting phone with no success.

Any clue ?

Raul
Yes. I changed quite a bit in how controllers are saved internally. That was due to some users using two controllers of exactly the same type, which did not work.

Overall I'm not impressed by this release. Seems I broke a few things :-(

First of all congratulations! Tellofpv is a fantastic app. For future releases i suggest clone mobile's acelerometer to tello movement. Maybe like a basic follow me. Will be great for running and bike videos. Thanks for your great work and sorry about my english.

@volate!lo

I succesfully mapped an E-Sky simple controller. It's detected as an ADC controller and works right into TelloFPV 1.07

e-sky-4-ch-flight-simulator-training-kit-for-airplanes-and-helicopters-w-usb-port-1.jpg

E-sky it's designed to be used as a joystic into Flight simulation PC games. It's a non-smart controller. No butons, no power source, only four control axes.

Mapping issue only happend to me when using Gamesir T1 controller.

I hope it helps.

Raul.

Last edited:
No havn't done any screenrecording... I will do as soon as I have time to fly.

I also saw, that the bitrate will stay at 1 mbps when I fly fare away and come back. However I was able to fly over 400meters far only with wifi-extender :)

I am not sure. Works only if you can switch off the Gear mode (if your phone supports this). GearVr has its own ecosystem, and only special apps work with this.

I do not know ... as soon as it arrives I try the device and see if it works.
I can disconnect the micro USB port of the Samsung VR and normally use the glasses, again if this is the problem!

thanks as always

@volate!lo

I succesfully mapped an E-Sky simple controller. It is detected as ADC controller and works right into TelloFPV 1.07

View attachment 3367

E.-sky it's a simple, not-smart controller: no butons, no power, only four axes.

Mapping issue only happend to me using Gamesir T1 controller.

I hope it helps.

Raul.
Even with the Gamesir G3W controller, it recognizes in the same way, but you can not operate it.

I was able to fly a couple of batteries even though it is super windy here. The new additions are great and the bitrate is working great now! Awesome! A couple of weird things happened but I need to test more. It might have just been the wind. It would be useful to me if the new AP's used the previous settings instead of reverting to defaults each time. For example I set the parameters but forgot to set the flag (a few times) and had to re-enter my selections. Also, I am unsure what the timer is for??? Once I hit "OK" I had to wait 5 sec. or change that value each time. That's it so far. Tomorrow should be a much better weather day. Can't wait ;)

I was able to fly a couple of batteries even though it is super windy here. The new additions are great and the bitrate is working great now! Awesome! A couple of weird things happened but I need to test more. It might have just been the wind. It would be useful to me if the new AP's used the previous settings instead of reverting to defaults each time. For example I set the parameters but forgot to set the flag (a few times) and had to re-enter my selections. Also, I am unsure what the timer is for??? Once I hit "OK" I had to wait 5 sec. or change that value each time. That's it so far. Tomorrow should be a much better weather day. Can't wait ;)

I just changed the APs to keep settings between invocations (but not between restarts).

Timer is the startup timer for the AP. If you want to do a circle or dronie of yourself it allows you some time to put away the phone before the AP starts!

No outdoor testing for me today. Only AP I could test would be a long distance dronie: 1km in around 30 seconds as we have storm force winds here :-(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crazyed