Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

New app: TelloFPV for Android

"Unable to play video. File has incorrect data."

Has anyone seen this message on a Samsung device? It happens on quite a few of my videos. Then I can only watch the first few seconds of the clip and it stops and shows this message.
Would you be OK to test a few special builds? After receiving about 5 or so reports this seems to affect only some Samsung devices and only stock ROM Android 6.0.1.
I can't reproduce this issue for my devices so have no way to tell if my attempts to fix have any effect.

I do not know ... as soon as it arrives I try the device and see if it works.
I can disconnect the micro USB port of the Samsung VR and normally use the glasses, again if this is the problem!

thanks as always
Hi, one solution is to do what is discribed bellow :
Unplug the usb module from the gear
Plug it on the phone
Plug both phone and usb module in the gear vr

Hope it helps.

Reactions: Flydrone
Hi, one solution is to do what is discribed bellow :
Unplug the usb module from the gear
Plug it on the phone
Plug both phone and usb module in the gear vr

Hope it helps.
The vr has yet to arrive, but I thought to disconnect the flat of the micro usb and use it as a normal vr. always if this does not create problems.
thanks for the video.

Reactions: spamaro
unfortunately due to a strong wind these days, I can not test the beta v-1.07 and I can not report any problem.

any idea why 1.07 not showing in my play store??
still in the beta section but no update

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

@volate!lo The rate at which you are able to fix bugs and add features is making my head spin. Amazing! You are obviously quite talented. If you don’t mind saying, I am curious as to what language TelloFPV is written in and what development environment you are using.

Last edited:
Reactions: xcrost
@volate!lo The rate at which you are able to fix bugs and add features is making my head swim. Amazing! You are obviously quite talented. If you don’t mind saying, I am curious as to what language TelloFPV is written in and what development environment you are using.

Its written in plain Java, without any libraries other than Android compatibility. That allows me to keep everything under control, but also means no IOS "release" as this wld mean a complete re-write of everything.
That also means I have no libraries to blame if something goes wrong, like in the last release. I think I messed up 1.07 in several ways, so it will be replaced later today.

As to the development speed: I don't have to ask anyone for approval, I don't have any endless meetings or conference calls, no peer reviews, no budget constraints, nothing. Its just me and my todo list. Can't compare this to how fast corporates can move.

Forgot: Dev envrionment is Android Studio

Last edited:
Today, I tried a new version in a slightly windy and light rain condition.

Regarding wired controllers that can not be connected, we registered them in the previous version and mapped with the new version.
Although this is a suggestion, except for T1D and flypad, since the remaining battery power is not displayed on the screen lower controller icon, when connecting with wired or Bluetooth, display other than "- -" (for example "B" or "W" Or change the color of the icon), I thought that it was easy to understand the state that the connection was not established like this time.

About the new ui, the panorama button was a great idea and it was very easy to use.
Although no trouble was seen in the new autopilot, I thought that it would be good if the timer should be able to select a value of zero.
It is convenient that the autopilot dialog can be operated with a stick, but in the case of a game pad it is more thankful if it can be mapped to a D - pad.

Reactions: xcrost
Autopilot execution can be cancelled by using the sticks. Without a 1 second delay the autopilots would be cancelled immediately if they were started using the stick (roll right to invoke "OK" on the autopilot dialog).

Yes there are ways around this but from a design point of view they would all be "ugly". So 1 second delay it is (until I find an elegant solution).

Got a quick flight in...so much for better weather today.. All went great! Video froze twice when switching from photo to video or visa versa (i can't remember :( A quick switch back and forth fixed it. I will try to figure out exactly when it happens when it stops raining. Everything else was good. Mapping all the different functions to T1d worked great. I just have to re-train my brain now.
Would it be possible to have 2 or 3 angles of ascent for up & away AP? i.e. 20-40-60 degrees?

Last edited:
No freezing video this latest flight! One little bug...If the AP is canceled during the timer countdown, whatever seconds number is displayed at the time gets "stuck" on the screen until another AP is started.

Today, I tried a new version in a slightly windy and light rain condition.

Regarding wired controllers that can not be connected, we registered them in the previous version and mapped with the new version.
Although this is a suggestion, except for T1D and flypad, since the remaining battery power is not displayed on the screen lower controller icon, when connecting with wired or Bluetooth, display other than "- -" (for example "B" or "W" Or change the color of the icon), I thought that it was easy to understand the state that the connection was not established like this time.

About the new ui, the panorama button was a great idea and it was very easy to use.
Although no trouble was seen in the new autopilot, I thought that it would be good if the timer should be able to select a value of zero.
It is convenient that the autopilot dialog can be operated with a stick, but in the case of a game pad it is more thankful if it can be mapped to a D - pad.

For wired or BT controllers other than Flypad and T1d there is no way of identifying the connection method. So its not possible to display B / W instead of the --

Timer 0 is implemented for the next release

You should be able map the control for the autopilots to DPad buttons, by mapping these buttons to the actions "Roll left", "Roll right", "Pitch Fwd", and "Pitch back".

Got a quick flight in...so much for better weather today.. All went great! Video froze twice when switching from photo to video or visa versa (i can't remember :( A quick switch back and forth fixed it. I will try to figure out exactly when it happens when it stops raining. Everything else was good. Mapping all the different functions to T1d worked great. I just have to re-train my brain now.
Would it be possible to have 2 or 3 angles of ascent for up & away AP? i.e. 20-40-60 degrees?
Theoretically it would be possible to do different angles for Up&Away, but I fail to understand why one would want to do this? Typically you want to keep something / someone in the center of the screen during this autopilot, and if you chose a significantly different angle the person will move away from the center and eventually drop out of the image completely.

No freezing video this latest flight! One little bug...If the AP is canceled during the timer countdown, whatever seconds number is displayed at the time gets "stuck" on the screen until another AP is started.
Will address this timer issue in the next release.

I'd appreciate if you could nail down the forzen video issue. Its one of two or three issues that I just can't reproduce with my devices.

I'm currently hunting a nasty bug but will deliver the next release in a few hours.

Here we go, v1.08
Most smaller changes have been addressed

Since 1.06
New
* Point of Interest can be "dropped" to the current position, to the home position, or set with a dialog
* New autopilot: Up & away for any distance and speed
* New autopilot: 360° video at any speed
* Dialogs for Autopilots can be controlled with Roll & Pitch
* STOP button cancels photo download (takes ages on long distance FPV)
* Bitrate displayed (only if corruption indicator option is switched on)
* 8D flips (diagonal flips)
* Onscreen Indicator for current throttle, yaw, pitch, roll
* Reports if VPS data is outdated (typical due to wifi issues)
* Detects abnormal VPS position data (sudden jumps, extreme speed differences)

Changes
* Original flightmodes up&away, 360, circle have been removed as they are obsolete now
* Video start on autopilots in video mode
* Sensitive area around the PANIC button enlarged
* Generic Controllers (USB / BT) automatically recognized without pressing scan. Just open the controller settings to assign them for master or student

Fixes
* RTH rotates slower in case a low quality wifi link results in slow VPS updates (Rotation was overshooting)
* Fixed layout problem for phones using "Right to left" languages
* Bitrate Auto only working if activated on each use
* Home position wrong after takeoff

Open issues
Translation changes for modified / added functions
Manual needs update

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member