Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

New app: TelloFPV for Android

I'm missing all the action because i lost my tello but while the new one doesn't arrive I downloaded the new release, did a clean install and the app opens, asks for permitions then closes and doesn't want to open again. I'm using android 8.0.

Last edited:
Tested with the Td1s and perfect in all modes, it just does not show the battery info I do not know because if I showed it before

I noticed that it does not show the PS3 controller's battery either but I can't recall if it ever did.

New autopilot: Up & away for any distance and speed

is there preset settings to choose from or is it just based on the controller input?

I noticed that it does not show the PS3 controller's battery either but I can't recall if it ever did.
i don't think it ever did.

I dont think it ever shown battery percentage of the t1 controllers, either connected by BT or otg cable. Personally, i dont think thats very important because i noticed That when I connect my gamesir t1 by otg my Phone is always charging the controller, I can see it by the battery leds on the controller, my advice is to keep Your phone and Your controller fully charged, That way your controller wont drain too much battery from Your phone, and as Good as you Have Your phone fully charged you know the battery from Your controller wont let you Down.

Tested with the Td1s and perfect in all modes, it just does not show the battery info I do not know because if I showed it before
Battery is only shown for T1d and Flypad. All other controllers regardless of type don't report battery levels (or more precisely: even if they do Android has not mechanism to forward this info to the App).

New autopilot: Up & away for any distance and speed

is there preset settings to choose from or is it just based on the controller input?
Preset is 6m distance and 30% speed, which roughly equals what the OEM app does. You can change that as you want. The further you go the faster it should be or you wait longer... You can also start with 30% and then a few seconds into execution of the AP increase the speed to cover greater distances.

Reactions: WhatUserName
For wired or BT controllers other than Flypad and T1d there is no way of identifying the connection method. So its not possible to display B / W instead of the --

Timer 0 is implemented for the next release

You should be able map the control for the autopilots to DPad buttons, by mapping these buttons to the actions "Roll left", "Roll right", "Pitch Fwd", and "Pitch back".
It is a pity that I can not display the connection, but I was delighted that it became possible to set the timer of the autopilot to zero.
To further hope, I'm glad that the value is the default when I next launch the application.
I wanted to map to D - Pad because I thought that it was possible to respond to changes in the attitude of the aircraft when using the right stick even while setting up the autopilot.

Even once, if the update of the VPS is delayed with a low quality wifi link results in slow VPS updates , the warning will remain on the screen during the flight, is this a specification?

Here we go, v1.08
Most smaller changes have been addressed

* Detects abnormal VPS position data (sudden jumps, extreme speed differences)
I asked the request, but from the aircraft with the record of the flight distance:p where the brightness is extremely necessary, I changed to the new aircraft the other day, so I could not confirm this. I'm sorry.

After uploading the 1.08 P version, everything works perfectly. Switching the sport, video, does not stop the image. Flight around the given point - the object works simply and without a problem. Setting parameters with rods is an ideal thing. Thank you very much for your excellent work. You give us pilots a lot of joy.

Last edited:
After uploading the 1.08 P version, everything works perfectly. Switching the sport, video, does not stop the image. Flight around the given point - the object works simply and without a problem. Setting parameters with rods is an ideal thing. Thank you very much for your excellent work. You give us pilots a lot of joy.
I agree . Excellent work

Reactions: xcrost
Thank you all for your feedback. I feel this approach with early releases here in the forum makes more sense, as I get more direct feedback than from the google play releases. Google play releases are more for validating compatibility with more setups.

v1.09 is available as beta on google play store. It will be amended with some translation but other than that it should be OK for public consumption.

Since 1.06
New
* Point of Interest can be "dropped" to the current position, to the home position, or set with a dialog
* New autopilot: Up & away for any distance and speed
* New autopilot: 360° video at any speed
* Dialogs for Autopilots can be controlled with Roll & Pitch
* STOP button cancels photo download (takes ages on long distance FPV)
* Bitrate displayed (only if corruption indicator option is switched on)
* 8D flips (diagonal flips)
* Onscreen Indicator for current throttle, yaw, pitch, roll sent to drone (also for external controller and autopilots)
* Reports if VPS data is outdated (typical due to wifi issues)
* Reports if abnormal VPS position data was detected (sudden jumps, extreme speed differences)

Changes
* Original flightmodes up&away, 360, circle have been removed as they are obsolete now
* Video start on autopilots in video mode
* Sensitive area around the PANIC button enlarged
* Generic Controllers (USB / BT) automatically recognized without pressing scan

Fixes
* RTH rotates slower in case a low quality wifi link results in slow VPS updates (Rotation was overshooting)
* Fixed layout problem for phones using "Right to left" languages
* Bitrate Auto only working if activated on each use
* Home position wrong after takeoff

Open issues
Translation changes for modified / added functions

One cool feature is IMO the onscreen indicator for the commands sent to Tello:
The red dots inside the onscreen joysticks move according to the command sent to Tello. That is if 75% yaw is sent to Tello, the red dot will be at the 75% stick position. It always displays the command sent to Tello, not the actual stick position: If you have a 33% rate defined for your yaw, and stick is at 75% the red dot will be at 25% (75% stick input, adjusted for 33% rate).
This works also for external controllers to validate connection is OK, and the most interesting part for me: you can watch the autopilots do their job.
The indicator is not updating in realtime but just occasionally (that is 100-200ms delay)

If you get a "not licensed" warning this may be due to problems with the regional play stores being not fully synchronised. May take a few hours.

This evening I spent one battery pack for indoor flight testing TelloFPV 1.08

My Gamesir T1 controller works perfect into this release.

Added features are amazing. I love new joystick driven setting dialogs. We can fly no touching phone screen.

Now POI's can be created in many different ways and they become a much more powerfull piloting tool.

At last we have an improved Up&Away autopilot that really works.

I'll keep testing outside as soon as weather improves.

Good work, @volate!lo

Raul.

Reactions: hea-kun and xcrost
Thank you all for your feedback. I feel this approach with early releases here in the forum makes more sense, as I get more direct feedback than from the google play releases. Google play releases are more for validating compatibility with more setups.

v1.09 is available as beta on google play store. It will be amended with some translation but other than that it should be OK for public consumption.

Just a small aesthetic issue:

1551910958542.png

I don't know if it's just on my phone (Sony Xperia X compact) but the top o the dialog box is kinda ugly. :p

No freezing video in last few flights w/ 1.08. I will let you know if it happens again.
as @hea-kun said "Even once, if the update of the VPS is delayed with a low quality wifi link results in slow VPS updates , the warning will remain on the screen during the flight, is this a specification?"
The VPS warning stays on screen unless a new home position is set. Maybe if it would only flash for 5-10 seconds? Any small anomaly (which for me is in the first seconds of most flights) the notice will pop up and stay there.
Love the stick indicator. Now I can easily tell what's going on.
Now on to 1.09 :)daaang I can't keep up. lol
Thanks @volate!lo !!!

the "VPS anomaly" detection needs some more work and the message has been removed for 1.09.

I agree the normal dialogs & menu are ugly. I'm not the design guy, we always had a professional UI team take care of this...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crazyed