Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

New app: TelloFPV for Android

Is it reproduceable? If so it's great news! That would allow us to get at the root cause of this.

Could you activate Android diagnostics like described here:
Share usage & diagnostics information with Google - Google Account Help

And then provoke this error?
That will enable an anonymous error report that I can see in Google Play Console.

Also what happen when you press "Rapporto"?
I wanted to tell you that with this version this problem has been solved! at least for my phone.(y)
I hope to try the tello soon, maybe Monday .. I'll let you know if I find bug.
thanks for now!

ok, so today was finally a sunny and mild wind day outside
took my tello for a real test flight
at last i enjoyed it :)
got to 150 meters away, reception was pretty good, and took some video and stills

tello handled it self very nice above simple land, mud and some puddles, 30 meters high

only issue i had (didnt check with other apps) is the flypad
takes along time to be recognized by the app, and gets disconnected during flight few times
i only have 1 lipo, so didnt check wether its app related, but i think its not
will check in aTelloPilot if it happens there also

other than that i really had great flight finally :)

will post few pics later in the forum

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Flydrone
I wanted to tell you that with this version this problem has been solved! at least for my phone.(y)
I hope to try the tello soon, maybe Monday .. I'll let you know if I find bug.
thanks for now!
That comment was about v0.96 available in the Google beta stream, right?

Great. So lets hope the new beta version doesn't introduce similar bugs to other devices (prior to v0.94 I have seen a couple of issues like yours, but they were all gone with 0.94 except yours)

Great. So lets hope the new beta version doesn't introduce similar bugs to other devices (prior to v0.94 I have seen a couple of issues like yours, but they were all gone with 0.94 except yours)

I had this kind of problem, only when I upgraded the app to version 0.94

I hope that in the next version there will be audible sounds for low battery and some other warning.
This I find very useful when you fly.(y)

Reactions: Griffen
I had this kind of problem, only when I upgraded the app to version 0.94

I hope that in the next version there will be audible sounds for low battery and some other warning.
This I find very useful when you fly.(y)

Yeah i second to this. It wil be just like DJI GO app when you take off or connected

I hear you: audible warnings it is for next minor release

All sounds will only sound when Tello is in the air (except throw takeoff timer of course). No reason to bug anyone when Tello is still on the ground.

There will be two types of sounds. Info and Warning. I will play with a few sounds and see which one I like most. Priority is on being noticeable without being annoying. I don't like ship bells, fire sirens, starting engines, someone shouting at me or calling me names, etc. Just different beeps.

All alarm sounds will use the same beep.

Warning: Battery (drone below configurable threshold / phone or controller below 10%), Wifi lost or very low for more than one second, VPS position lost for more than one second.

Info: Slow beep for first 4 seconds & fast beep for last second of throw takeoff timer / palm land, same for a future photo timer. Single beep for autopilot activated / deactivated

When I'm doing that I will also introduce a shutter sound.

I decided against making the sounds configurable or user selectable. Thats overkill in my view and not worth the development effort.

Awesome! I noticed that I have version v0.94 and Google play store says it's up to date... I'm missing two versions? (Counting beta)

Edit: spoke too soon. I got it. I'm in beta now!
Hi guys, I can't find the invitation to the beta. Is it somewhere on the main page of the app? Screenshot_2019-01-04-14-07-06.png

I hear you: audible warnings it is for next minor release

All sounds will only sound when Tello is in the air (except throw takeoff timer of course). No reason to bug anyone when Tello is still on the ground.

There will be two types of sounds. Info and Warning. I will play with a few sounds and see which one I like most. Priority is on being noticeable without being annoying. I don't like ship bells, fire sirens, starting engines, someone shouting at me or calling me names, etc. Just different beeps.

All alarm sounds will use the same beep.

Warning: Battery (drone below configurable threshold / phone or controller below 10%), Wifi lost or very low for more than one second, VPS position lost for more than one second.

Info: Slow beep for first 4 seconds & fast beep for last second of throw takeoff timer / palm land, same for a future photo timer. Single beep for autopilot activated / deactivated

When I'm doing that I will also introduce a shutter sound.

I decided against making the sounds configurable or user selectable. Thats overkill in my view and not worth the development effort.

I agree on everything you say!(y)
TelloFPV is becoming a complete and perfect app for our little Tello!
We're making you work hard!:LOL:

hello new pilot and wondering if a ps4 controller be used with your app?

I used a Sony PS4 (CUH-ZCT1U) Wireless BT controller this morning. It works well with either BT or wired-OTG.

In fact, I had the PS4 controller and a Gamesir T1s connected to my Fire 7 tablet via BT this morning -- at the same time.

I was also using a Xiaomi Mi 2 wifi extender. In TelloFPV, control response was excellent alternating using either controller, and the video stream was was as close to perfect as a Tello can get.

I had both controllers in front of me, used one to go forward, hit the L2 (Stop) button on the other, and it did what it was supposed to do - stopped... now that's cool

I used a Sony PS4 (CUH-ZCT1U) Wireless BT controller this morning. It works well with either BT or wired-OTG.

In fact, I had the PS4 controller and a Gamesir T1s connected to my Fire 7 tablet via BT this morning -- at the same time.

I was also using a Xiaomi Mi 2 wifi extender. In TelloFPV, control response was excellent alternating using either controller, and the video stream was was as close to perfect as a Tello can get.

I had both controllers in front of me, used one to go forward, hit the L2 (Stop) button on the other, and it did what it was supposed to do - stopped... now that's cool
thank you gentleman, question for umanbean, did you have to change the values for the sticks ie: axis x .axis y :etc, im sorry but im confused with the set up for the controller.

did you have to change the values for the sticks

No changes, just plug-and-go. By default, it's in what is commonly known as 'Mode 2'

It's still raining here, and I'm stuck flying inside, so I did add about 30-40% Expo to Throttle and Pitch in Sport mode. I prefer Sport mode inside because it stops quickly... which has saved me from hitting quite a few things LOL

Reactions: ifishbass01
No changes, just plug-and-go. By default, it's in what is commonly known as 'Mode 2'

It's still raining here, and I'm stuck flying inside, so I did add about 30-40% Expo to Throttle and Pitch in Sport mode. I prefer Sport mode inside because it stops quickly... which has saved me from hitting quite a few things LOL
Thats why I have the stop button on L1 !

Flips? Where did you hide them? lol v0.96 is working well after 1st flight. I am still having issues connecting but haven't been able to figure out a foolproof start-up routine. Sometimes killing ram helps others I have to turn off the T1d, restart then turn T1d back on etc... Seems so far starting everything and waiting for video to stabilize then turning on BT controller last works best. I will keep testing. It may just be my old Note 3 phone. I have some connection issues w/ the other Tello apps but doesn't seem as bad. Same w/ video connection/quality but I am still trying different settings...What is working best for all those out there?
Thanks again for the awesome APP volatello! You ROCK!
P.S. Please add the low batt. alert a.s.a.p.!!! I keep running out of gas to far from the station! lol :)

Reactions: nahuel

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crazyed