Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

New app: TelloFPV for Android

The amount of data is not an issue. That is low for a recent phone. My s3 mini can do that easily.
Keep in mind that every iFrame causes a little stutter, so you want to avoid low iframe rates. Keep it at 5+ s if you can (if you have long-lived jitter on the screen you need to reduce it)
I rechecked many times the videos and made many tests. My conclution is that the iPhone's Tello app uses iFrames on 9 seconds and I was using 1 or 5 seconds. So my problem was with the iFrames stutter. Is it possible to be higher then 10 ?

Have you been to Starbucks lately?
For the price of one "venti double soi latte frappocino hazelnut flavour decaff" you get like two tellos :p
Haven't been to Starbucks for ages - I go there only when I'm in the US. They may be free & brave but they can't do a decent coffee :sick: so starbucks is the only option there.

Hello!
Could it be possible to change the location for saved videos?
Since the videos go under DCIM folder, google photos wants to backup all the videos to cloud and i would like to avoid that...
In a future version I may consider to make this configurable, but in terms of priority in relation to other topics its way down the list.

I rechecked many times the videos and made many tests. My conclution is that the iPhone's Tello app uses iFrames on 9 seconds and I was using 1 or 5 seconds. So my problem was with the iFrames stutter. Is it possible to be higher then 10 ?
No problem, will update to 15s in the next build. In most environments this doesn't really work but maybe its useful.

Reactions: vazmuten
No problem, will update to 15s in the next build. In most environments this doesn't really work but maybe its useful.
So how is it working? You specify to Tello the iFrames OR Tello streams MP4 video stream and you use default already installed Android encoder to encode it !?! Could the encoder be changed/set for lostless video?

TelloFpv requests IFrames individually. Codecs are not part of the app, but part of Android. As for allowing the user to select a codec, I thought about this before and started to play with it last week, but had to do bugfixing instead.
This might unleash some beast... I will play a bit with this before I make a decision.

Reactions: vazmuten
And what is the reason for Tello to stutter the video when an iFrame (inter frame) is requested? The encoding the whole frame takes time and the video (if moving) stutters? Any way to smooth it afterwards?

That you have to ask Ryze. Maybe the encoder inside Tello is too slow? No way to smooth except maybe using some smart video editors.

Unfortunately it's dark outside, so no real testing possible & the weather forecast for the next days is quite bleak as well. Fiddling around with the menus gave the impression video throughput will not be remembered - when I turn it to auto, next time I start TelloFPV it got some random value - mostly 2 or 3 mbit/s.

I can confirm 0.98z don't remember bitrate settings.

I had no time to test in the air. Last six flights were using previous 0.98x. It worked amazing. I shooted excellent circle and POI autopilots samples I will post into my YouTobe channel for TelloFPV promotion ;)

raul.

OK, that is this done inside Tello. Nothing I can do to change this.
When I got my first Tello in October this did not happen. I came with a firmware update - or at least I noticed it after the update.

Stupid design if you ask me, at least for an outdoor toy. Indoors maybe OK.

You're right! Very stupid. (n)

Mine didn't behave like that when I just bought it but after an update I found this little nasty surprise.

I lost my Tello when flying outdoor and it passed above a wall. It drifted away and I had a hard time to recover it from a rooftop. :mad:

You're right! Very stupid. (n)

Mine didn't behave like that when I just bought it but after an update I found this little nasty surprise.

I lost my Tello when flying outdoor and it passed above a wall. It drifted away and I had a hard time to recover it from a rooftop. :mad:

By the way, any possibility to downgrade the firmware & if yes any tradeoffs?

I also think that may be the encoder/cpu inside Tello is too slow and even with SDCard it will stutter.
SD card would be fine. Because with an SD card recording you don't have to care for frame drops. you do one IFrame at the beginning and thats it.

@volate!lo
Screw the iOS version the new main request should be:
Do a custom firmware! With VPS support above 30m and otg support for the tello to add onboard storage.

;):p:ROFLMAO:

v0.99a is out in beta test
Since v0.98 has never been release to production these are the accumulated changes

New
* Arm Motors can be mapped to controller button
* Self timer: long press shutter button to start a self timer
* onscreen buttons for flips (click "..." button to show)

Changes
* IFrame interval allows up to 15s (only useful in areas without any interference!)
* JPG quality moved to photo settings
* RTH will not switch from sport into videomode (risk of flyaway in stronger winds)

Fixes
* Potential loss of control over drone after controller disconnect
* Controller Tuning now shows current stick position in both modes
* Settings screens sometimes blank

Reactions: raulvolador
That would be awesome if even possible......

Imagine what he could do with tellofpv with his own installed firmware.

WOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!

Don't party too early! No way I'm even considering getting into this. There is a much better chance for an IOS version (and even that is very close to 0). Sorry.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freedom711