Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

New app: TelloFPV for Android

I think he is asking for storing on the phone's SD card instead of internal memory.

Currently not, but will consider that for another release.
oh, I didn't know (obviously) that your app cannot change write destination. That's really important. I have 32gigs of internal, but it ends very fast sometimes..

Pics are always generated onboard by Tello. They are transferred as files to the phone. TelloFpv does no modification to these files, except:
under photo settings there are options to re-encode the files (mostly to fix a JPG header error that Tello creates) or to convert them to PNG.

If you haven't activate any of these two options then this is what Tello creates. If pics are really grey (black and white vs color) something is wrong with your tello.
thanks. I turned png on...fixed

Is there a way to keep png on? Every time I close the app it turns off...

Actually jpg is better but no matter which one I activate when I close the app and open again they are off and I have to remember to go into photo settings and activate...

Actually jpg is better but no matter which one I activate when I close the app and open again they are off and I have to remember to go into photo settings and activate...
I will check in a minute. If there is a bug I'll fix it.

Is it better png than jpg?

JPG is what is created by Tello and this is what you should use unless you have problems. The problem is that his JPG file contains a wrong header that causes trouble for some phones (gray or green bars in the gallery).
Thats why I incuded the option to re-encode the photo, which takes time and increases filesize while slightly decreasing quality. The PNG and the re-encoded JPG are re-encoded on the phone at 100% but they still have some loss and increased file size.

Yep, there was a bug. fixed in next version

Thanks. png is good when tello is on but not "armed" but when in flight I get grey bars. JPG works no matter what mode tello is in... Im sure this not tellofpv fault.

Currently focusing on the nasty tiny unimportant things like VR performance...

And we know it'll be good when it gets here... I know many are looking forward to VR

As anyone else who has read all (of most of) the 1,119 posts in this thread knows, you've worked hard and fast, come a long way in a short time -- and we ALL appreciate it.

But... TBH, If VR didn't get out by the 31st, it wouldn't hurt my feelings.

Besides, I'm enjoying getting to know 0.99a

And we know it'll be good when it gets here... I know many are looking forward to VR

As anyone else who has read all (of most of) the 1,119 posts in this thread knows, you've worked hard and fast, come a long way in a short time -- and we ALL appreciate it.

But... TBH, If VR didn't get out by the 31st, it wouldn't hurt my feelings.

Besides, I'm enjoying getting to know 0.99a

I just try to keep my promises :)

Still testing but so far it looks good.

@volate!lo I was thinking about the VR support you are developing. Would I be able to use something like Samsung Gear VR? If so, how would I connect the controller? Bluetooth?

You need either a BT controller, or a set of goggles that leaves room for connecting USB OTG.

I happen to have some cheap Fiit vr2s :

@volate!lo OK that rules out the Samsung Gear with OTG as it uses that port to connect to the Goggles. I have been using the PS3 controller with OTG. Can someone please remind me how I can get it working with BT? Failing that, I will have to get the FIIT or equivalent and a long otg cable.

The Samsung Gear VR that I have here has one Micro USB that plugs into the phone. No USB-C.

You are absolutely right about the port. I have the old Gear and it has a Micro USB on the side. I tried it with power connected there and it works so I think that if I get a longer Mini USB to Micro USB cable I should be able to use the PS3 without BT. (I don't have that adapter for USB-C but at this point I don't need it).

You are absolutely right about the port. I have the old Gear and it has a Micro USB on the side. I tried it with power connected there and it works so I think that if I get a longer Mini USB to Micro USB cable I should be able to use the PS3 without BT. (I don't have that adapter for USB-C but at this point I don't need it).
Before spending money. Try to connect the gear vr to your pc with your phone inserted. If it recognizes it, then we know it can transfer data and not just power.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aden B