Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

New app: TelloFPV for Android

Also, if the electronics is removed, I assume there is no way to connect an OTG cable to the phone and the PS3 controller so one must use the controller in BT?

rotates into direction of home while optionally climbing to a defined minimum RTH altitude, flies straight line compensating for wind drift, stop, optionally descends to 1.5m, hovers.

I´ve been testing TelloFPV 0.99d P

There are no words!
Fantastic is not enough!

VR:
I previously tested another app. My decission was to throw away my 20 u$ VR googles...

But, with the confidence we have on Volate!lo, I have decided to put on again those googles...
Excellent VR experience!
I don´t know if it is for default that Tello was in Sport mode, and I didn´t remember which button togles that...
But Mr. Volate!lo designed the Rate Limit function that I use a lot, and that was the solution.

Pano 360°:
tested indoors, Perfect!!!, and at

windy outdoors: Can´t ask for more!!!
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10218478943423919&set=a.1741454495229&type=3&theater

For sure, Tello is far a better drone thanks to this app!

Gabriel, I haven't forgotten you. This version already has a bit better POI circle with Speed from 10-100% and can do both sport and video mode.
The next version you enable you to change the orbiting speed while underway: Each push of the roll stick increases / decreases the speed by 10%.
And it will automatically keep altitude, because with higher speeds some Tellos tend to lose altitude.

I'm sure that if you modify the plastic and have a long OTG cable it can be done. There is plenty of space to do this. Sadly I only have the big OTG piece Samsung phones come with. So for now I can only fly via BT.
Cool. I just wonder why they don't support simple SBS apps. Just to protect their market the perfect experience of the users.

Reactions: xcrost
There must be a way to deactivate the software that triggers the GearVR Mode on the phone. That is the key part, because then you can use USB controllers.

Gabriel, I haven't forgotten you. This version already has a bit better POI circle with Speed from 10-100% and can do both sport and video mode.
The next version you enable you to change the orbiting speed while underway: Each push of the roll stick increases / decreases the speed by 10%.
And it will automatically keep altitude, because with higher speeds some Tellos tend to lose altitude.
Great ! That way we can control autopilot from VR mode

Reactions: xcrost
I don't think so... never seen mine do that.

Also, i was responding to requests for low battery RTH.
Point is, any RTH can do at least as much harm is can help. There is no obstacle avoidance and there never will be so every RTH is a tradeoff.

I prefer the manual RTH on low battery:
If the low battery alarm goes off, just press the RTH button.

Point is, any RTH can do at least as much harm is can help. There is no obstacle avoidance and there never will be so every RTH is a tradeoff.

I prefer the manual RTH on low battery:
If the low battery alarm goes off, just press the RTH button.

I totally agree also.

There have been several unreasonable or impossible feature requests lately with low battery return to home being a common one.

I was responding to those. The point is, the best RTH on low battery is between your ears.

Reactions: Clinton1
There must be a way to deactivate the software that triggers the GearVR Mode on the phone. That is the key part, because then you can use USB controllers.
Yes, there is, it's called "Package Disabler Pro" I've tested it a bit and it worked, I can use my PS3 controller via usb.

@volatello the app that deactivates the gear VR mode was removed from the Play store; however, I was able to find a copy of the app. The problem now is that it hangs when I run it. It may be blocked by the Samsung Knox or other security sw. it seems they REALLY don’t want you to use the Goggles for non Gear apps.

P.S. To be more accurate: The CBEnabler app installs and runs and then it says it needs to turn on Administrator mode (and it must be connected to the Internet to complete this step). Then it displays a window saying "Enabling Admin"...please wait. it never returns.

Last edited:
I tried PDP, but as soon as I connected to the VR, the services auto enabled themselves and proceeded to download. Contacted policedeveloper and they told me that I have to root my phone and remove those servives with their app. Since I don't wish to root, I got a refund. Other solution is getting those cheap $10 vr headsets.
It might Not help you with your Gear, but The cheap Headset from Dollar Store Works well for me. If you use otg cable, make shure its long enough.

Reactions: volate!lo
I also tried PDP and wasn’t able to get it to disable the Gear service. Would anyone care to recommend an inexpensive viewer that is available on Amazon Prime? I found the FIIT from another source but they wanted twice as much for shipping as for the goggles.

Excelent!
I expect to try again circle POI next week, with brand new props (because of the jello...).
That is the most important function for me, as I´m trying to post those videos at my web...
But over all... If DJI designed Tello as an entry level drone to induce people to drones (as drug dealers do...) you are making Tello ADICTIVE!

Reactions: volate!lo

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv