Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

New app: TelloFPV for Android

... v0.99f is now in beta (may take the store a few minutes to update) ...

Oh my god !

@volate!lo, you are so fast creating new versions that I can't test them :). Don't get me wrong, that is fantastic !

I noticed two minor bugs into v0.99f

Main menu options remains english even though you select spanish. Take into account it is not important for me, as I plan leave english as my languaje setting, but maybe bother others.

tellofpv mixed languajes.jpg

VR screen shows two upper and lower grey bars (tested on ground, not able to fly now). Since I don't use VR mode I'm not sure if that is a bug or an improvement, but differente behaviour from previous version.

tellofpv vr mode grey bars.jpg

I hope it helps you improving your software. All the best.

Raul
----

Last edited:
Reactions: xcrost
Oh my god !

@volate!lo, you are so fast creating new versions that I can't test them :). Don't get me wrong, that is fantastic !

Main menu options remains english even though you select spanish. Take into account it is not important for me, as I plan leave english as my languaje setting, but maybe bother others.

View attachment 3060

VR screen shows two upper and lower grey bars (tested on ground, not able to fly now). Since I don't use VR mode I'm not sure if that is a bug or an improvement, but differente behaviour from previous version.

View attachment 3061

Raul
----
Raul saw that the menu is still in English, I have to correct other translations, it is difficult to translate a script without seeing the results in the software, we are working on it, calm and peace hahahaha

TelloFPV app just gets better and better. And with a quick schedule too ??

I would really appreciate that you could set directory for saved photos and videos.
(or if someone happens to know quick solution for auto-moving video files out of the DCIM folder so google wouldn't backup them)

Oh my god !

----
And to think that before the TelloFPV app came out, I contacted Ryze's to ask if their developer would implement a flight timer in their app ... he told me he would report this to the developer, but now more than 5 months and again everything is as before!:unsure:
as soon as I saw TelloFPV I left all the other apps for cello !! Volate!loYou are really the developer N ° 1(y)

Reactions: xcrost and dzidass
Awesome! Just FYI... Batt showing %101 was on T1d also. Semantics I know. :)
I did test bitrate with vlc yesterday and it does start at 4 but only goes down from there. Never back up. I think you might be aware of this though. ;)

OK, I will check what atellopilot does here. Seems he figured something out that I haven't (yet).

I do not know if this information can help you with the correction of problems, today I fly in the afternoon the tello with this app and because these last 2 of flight I have noticed the problem in the app that the home, moves me from place, I explain more , suppose that where I am operating in the same place, out of nowhere the house when I look at it has located another point where the point of origin is not there.

my phone is: Sony Xperia X (android 8.0.0)

If the homeposition moves (especially if it moves fast) its a clear indicator that the VPS is confused, and Tello is no longer aware of where it is. There is nothing I can do to fix this because if Tello doesn't report t's position correctly how could the app know. But I could possibly detect erratic position reports and warn the user that something is wrong about the position.

I learned that this happens even during a seemingly normal flight when you fly over some higher object that does not completely block the view to the ground. Its OK if you fly over a house as it is a solid surface. But if you fly over a tree in winter VPS can get confused by what it sees from above: ground is moving across the camera's field of view at a rate of say 25 degrees per second, while the branches and a few remaining leaves are moving at 100 deg/s. Suddenly VPS speed goes up / down like crazy and position is wrong.

At home it happens whenever I fly over my office hammock - a relic of the many days I spent in corporate tele conferences :)

Oh my god !

Raul
----

I forgot the menu translations!! :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL: Seriously if you look at these things thousand times a day sometimes you just miss the obvious

VR screen was supposed to get a slightly lighter background, but now that I see it on your screen it's too light. Should be darker

Raul saw that the menu is still in English, I have to correct other translations, it is difficult to translate a script without seeing the results in the software, we are working on it, calm and peace hahahaha
Its hard to translate if all you have is a few words without context. Thats why its important to get feedback from folks who find issues.
Heck even I had significant problems to find appropriate words in german (I just don't use German for computer stuff, and my phones are all english).

So whoever thinks a translation is not correct please post here, and we will agree on a better one. Even for German ;-)

TelloFPV app just gets better and better. And with a quick schedule too ??

I would really appreciate that you could set directory for saved photos and videos.
(or if someone happens to know quick solution for auto-moving video files out of the DCIM folder so google wouldn't backup them)

I know its on the list, but in the great scheme of things not that high...
Having worked for a couple of the largest IT companies in the world the idea of a "cloud backup" sends shivers down my spine. But each to his own...
Maybe one of these works for you:
Here's how to stop Google Photos uploading your photos and videos
How do I set Google Photos to ignore videos?

And to think that before the TelloFPV app came out, I contacted Ryze's to ask if their developer would implement a flight timer in their app ... he told me he would report this to the developer, but now more than 5 months and again everything is as before!:unsure:
as soon as I saw TelloFPV I left all the other apps for cello !! Volate!loYou are really the developer N ° 1(y)
Just check their official FB group. "Ryze Bess" always uses the same phrase for feature requests, often even forgets to change the places holder [FEATURE] or uses the wrong name from the last time she (or he? who knows these days) used the phrase.

I's appreciate if they were as lazy with developing stupid ideas like the rate limit on low altitude.

Almost ready the translation of Italian, revised minor corrections in the Spanish translation, collaborating strongly with Volatel!o
Cool!

I'm Italian, thanks for the work done for my language.
Great, so just let us know if you think something can be optimized.

Almost ready the translation of Italian, revised minor corrections in the Spanish translation, collaborating strongly with Volatel!o

One thing:
If you identify incorrect wording I'd appreciate if you could just send me the strings that needs to change, not the complete file.

The files get re-arranged from time to time and I'd have to check each string in your file against the strings in my file to find the differences.
Alternatively a simple verbal description what needs to be changed would be most welcome, like
>Button "Cancaler" in dialog XY needs to be changed to "Cancelar"<

And I could use translations for the menu items that I forgot:
<string name="mnu_settings">Main settings</string>
<string name="mnu_video_photo">Video and Photo</string>
<string name="mnu_controller">Controller</string>
<string name="mnu_tune">Tune Controls</string>
<string name="mnu_flightlog">Flight log</string>
<string name="mnu_help">Help</string>
<string name="mnu_about">About</string>
<string name="mnu_exit">Exit</string>

One thing:
If you identify incorrect wording I'd appreciate if you could just send me the strings that needs to change, not the complete file.

The files get re-arranged from time to time and I'd have to check each string in your file against the strings in my file to find the differences.
Alternatively a simple verbal description what needs to be changed would be most welcome, like

ok I'll do it like that then how do you tell me

"Spanish translation"

<string name="mnu_settings">Configuración Principal</string>
<string name="mnu_video_photo">Foto y Video</string>
<string name="mnu_controller">Controles</string>
<string name="mnu_tune">Ajustes finos</string>
<string name="mnu_flightlog">Registro de vuelo</string>
<string name="mnu_help">Ayuda</string>
<string name="mnu_about">Acerca de</string>
<string name="mnu_exit">Salida</string>

ok I'll do it like that then how do you tell me

"Spanish translation"

<string name="mnu_settings">Configuración Principal</string>
<string name="mnu_video_photo">Foto y Video</string>
<string name="mnu_controller">Controles</string>
<string name="mnu_tune">Ajustes finos</string>
<string name="mnu_flightlog">Registro de vuelo</string>
<string name="mnu_help">Ayuda</string>
<string name="mnu_about">Acerca de</string>
<string name="mnu_exit">Salida</string>

Perfect, I will integrate that and folks don't find any more bug this will become v1.0 later today.

I'd love to get some feedback from xcrost & umanbean regarding the blue systembar but I don't know what timezone they are in.

The translation to Italian is ready...

It is appreciated to try the translations and indicate if they find some error in it or how the translation can be improved thanks ...

Perfect, I will integrate that and folks don't find any more bug this will become v1.0 later today.

I'd love to get some feedback from xcrost & umanbean regarding the blue systembar but I don't know what timezone they are in.

@volate!lo , In case it helps you I have not seen that blue bar ever (Samsung Galaxy A3 smartphone running Lineage OS v14)

Raul.

The translation to Italian is ready...

It is appreciated to try the translations and indicate if they find some error in it or how the translation can be improved thanks ...

Thank you very much! I will just do another quick beta so maybe @Ansia can have a look.

Would gladly take a look at the spanish one tonight. I can read a bit of italian, but I think it's best a native speaker takes a looj at it.

One thing:

Translation of the main menu to Italian:

<string name="mnu_settings">Impostazioni principali</string>
<string name="mnu_video_photo">Video e Photo</string>
<string name="mnu_controller">Controllore</string>
<string name="mnu_tune">Regola i controlli</string>
<string name="mnu_flightlog">Registro di volo</string>
<string name="mnu_help">Aiuto</string>
<string name="mnu_exit">Uscita</string>

Reactions: Arthuar

EST... and blue bar is gone!

I had just a few minutes before leaving home this morning, but despite trying hard i could not get the blue bar to appear... thanks again!

Translation of the main menu to Italian:

<string name="mnu_settings">Impostazioni principali</string>
<string name="mnu_video_photo">Video e Photo</string>
<string name="mnu_controller">Controllore</string>
<string name="mnu_tune">Regola i controlli</string>
<string name="mnu_flightlog">Registro di volo</string>
<string name="mnu_help">Aiuto</string>
<string name="mnu_exit">Uscita</string>

<string name="mnu_video_photo">Video e Foto</string>
<string name="mnu_about">Info sull'app </string>