Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

New app: TelloFPV for Android

I can't really cancel photo download but I can stop acknowledging receipt of the data, and Tello will stop sending the data. That won't be an immediate cancel, but should re-enable control within a few seconds
The problem is the user interface....

@anielloz this führer thing isn't funny.

I will pay more attention now but I don't think I was having the issue of lost recordings. I usually just power off the tello after flight/during batt change (Tello FPV rec. auto saves).

On connection lost recording should automatically stop.
On app exit the recording may have been stopped the hard way in recent releases, depending on individual phone timing. That will be fixed in the next release

As to stop photo download... As mentioned the problem is the user interface. I don't want to introduce a button to cancel a download, and I don't like these "Cancellable" messages like Ryze Tello app has for cancelling the auto landing. That would not work anyway for VR mdoe.
I will instead cancel photo download on "Stop" button. Since its a bit of a hidden function I'll add a photo download message that gives a hint to use "Stop" to cancel photo download. That allows it to use this function for both VR and normal FPV mode the same way.

I've added your new App to the compatibility spreadsheet:

Tello Compatibility
My gamesir ts1 will not connect via BT? I have the controller paired up and paired with my phone and powered on but when I try to select the controller from within the app I only get an "Onscreen" option. I have tried to connect different ways (eg power app on 1st. ect) but no luck. My phone does not have that otg cable capability so that's not an option. I can connect the contoller via BT to the atellopilot app but I would like to use this TelloFTP. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

On connection lost recording should automatically stop.
On app exit the recording may have been stopped the hard way in recent releases, depending on individual phone timing. That will be fixed in the next release

As to stop photo download... As mentioned the problem is the user interface. I don't want to introduce a button to cancel a download, and I don't like these "Cancellable" messages like Ryze Tello app has for cancelling the auto landing. That would not work anyway for VR mdoe.
I will instead cancel photo download on "Stop" button. Since its a bit of a hidden function I'll add a photo download message that gives a hint to use "Stop" to cancel photo download. That allows it to use this function for both VR and normal FPV mode the same way.
Great. I like the way you will solve both issues (y)

Reactions: xcrost
You have to connect. The first time with a special key-combination (T1s). I guess that's what the button "pair" is for (T1d).
Thanks for the quick replies! I do have the latest app release, rebooted my android cricket, unpaired the t1s, started the app but still no connection (?). when the app was opened it did request that the si to be paired. I then paired it and re-opened the app but I still only get the "onscreen" option (no gamesir t1s indicated) What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for the quick replies! I do have the latest app release, rebooted my android cricket, unpaired the t1s, started the app but still no connection (?). when the app was opened it did request that the si to be paired. I then paired it and re-opened the app but I still only get the "onscreen" option (no gamesir t1s indicated) What am I doing wrong?
Sorrry - should have asked - what was the a special key-combination ?

what was the a special key-combination
According to the manual you have to press the "Home" button (the button for switch on/off at the top) and the "A" button at the same time. So switch off the controller, press "A" first and keep it pressed, then "home". This is for Android. You can also use the "X" button instead of "A". That also works by me.
In your list of BT devices should appear yout controller. Tap on it and your controller will vibrate a short time. Then it is connected.
Then in the app the control frames shoud disappear (depends on the settings).
If it does not work, install the "Gamepad Tester" and look, if the commands of the controller arrive on the phone.

@Garry and Samsung owners:

Remember that who owns a Samsung (with Game Launcher installed) can record directly with the internal functions of this app, including your face on the left side in video (if necessary) and sound!

@Garry,

About your sound recording request, I recommend you recording your flights using an screen capture app like DU Recorder https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.duapps.recorder (free).

View attachment 3276

That way you will get two video files from each flight. First, high resolution video file saved by TelloFPV and second low resolution screen capture showing flight data (distance, speed, height, ...) and optionally ambient sound. You only have to remember launching DU Recorder previous to TelloFPV. For me it's part of my dayly flight checklist.

Thats the way I do, let me show you an example:

Flight recorded into TelloFPV app:

Same flight simultaneosly recorded into DU Recorder app (including ambient sound):

All the best,

Raul.

I had this same problem, make sure your font size is not to big so you can see the whole controller option window in the app then you will see "scan for new controllers"also it won't come up as "t1s" it will be something else...

Reactions: xcrost
Hi, having trouble re mapping my on screen buttons after new update. Am I missing something /doing it wrong?

Volate!llo, I just installed 1.06 version and it works perfectly with using Flysky FS-i6S and USB dongle thru training port. The FS-i6S also has micro USB port, I tried connect directly using OTG cable and it also works except the output to each channel is limited to 80%. Look at the graph on tune control page and the signal doesn’t go all the way. Would it be possible to boost the signal to each channel?

Volate!llo, I just installed 1.06 version and it works perfectly with using Flysky FS-i6S and USB dongle thru training port. The FS-i6S also has micro USB port, I tried connect directly using OTG cable and it also works except the output to each channel is limited to 80%. Look at the graph on tune control page and the signal doesn’t go all the way. Would it be possible to boost the signal to each channel?
Would be easy but I need to think about the implications first...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccer843