Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

New app: TelloFPV for Android

Hi Volatello

I changed phone (now it's a Note20 Ultra 5G) and I noticed that ALL the time that I launch the app it contacts Google Play Store to check the license..

Is it normal?

Is there any risk that if I run the app when no Internet connection.. the app will not run?

Thanks

Inviato dal mio SM-N986B utilizzando Tapatalk

I have the same problem, I tried the #volate!lo solution but so far it didn't work. I just deleted the information on the flights made, canceled the network time, forced the app to close, and turned it on again. It tells me to put the network time. I turn off the app, set the network time, turn on the app, turn it off again .... I'll see in 2 hours and then I'll tell you.

Yo tengo el mismo problema, intente la solucion de #volate!lo pero hasta ahora no funciono. Acabo de borrar la info de los vuelos realizados, anule la hora del network, forzé el cierre de la app, la volvi a prender. Me dice que ponga la hora del network. Apago la app, pongo la hora del network, prendo la app la vuelvo a apagar....veré en 2 horas y despues les cuento.

transferring the license with such a tool doesn't work as it is encrypted with a device-specific code.

But the app should overwrite it with a new code for the new device after a few hours. If this doesn't happen all you can do is clear all app data, then it should store the permanent license after a few hours.
Ok.. I will try to uninstall the app (cleaning all data) and reinstall to see if it fixes the problem (I am sure it will).
But I would like to keep flight log (which was transferred properly with smart switch)..
Can you pls tell me which files should I manually copy to keep flight logs? I remember that in the past it wasn't possible but you said that you would have been implemented this possibility.. am I wrong?
Thanks in advance

Inviato dal mio Note20 Ultra 5G utilizzando Tapatalk

Reactions: Bob Suval
Ok.. I will try to uninstall the app (cleaning all data) and reinstall to see if it fixes the problem (I am sure it will).
But I would like to keep flight log (which was transferred properly with smart switch)..
Can you pls tell me which files should I manually copy to keep flight logs? I remember that in the past it wasn't possible but you said that you would have been implemented this possibility.. am I wrong?
Thanks in advance

Hi @volate!lo
Could you pls let me know?
Thanks in advance

transferring the license with such a tool doesn't work as it is encrypted with a device-specific code.

But the app should overwrite it with a new code for the new device after a few hours. If this doesn't happen all you can do is clear all app data, then it should store the permanent license after a few hours.
Forgot to mention that TelloMe app doesn't have the same problem (it's also a paid version and the license was transferred with SmartSwitch proprly)

Maybe TelloFPV has some difference with license method that creates the problem with SmartSwitch.. so user must uninstall and reinstall it (this is weird as in this way you loose all settings and flight logs)

Hi @volatello

I didn't wait for you answer about log files :-( and tried to delete all data/cache uninstall and reinstall but I still see the license check all the times that I run the app..

This is not normal.. so I ask you to help me to solve this issue (maybe it's specific to this phone model)..

Also about Beta.. if I exit from the Beta program I no longer see the app to download.. it seems that only Beta is available.. at least to me/my phone..

Can you pls check why it can happen?

Waiting your news

Thanks

Update: the Beta program issue is now solved (did you change something on Play Store?).. .I did exit from Beta and was able to install the official version..
I was surprised to see that fligh log (until August was still there even if I deleted all data and cache, uninstalled and reinstalled

I still see license verification popup at each app run..

Waiting your news

Update: the Beta program issue is now solved (did you change something on Play Store?).. .I did exit from Beta and was able to install the official version..
I was surprised to see that fligh log (until August was still there even if I deleted all data and cache, uninstalled and reinstalled

I still see license verification popup at each app run..

Waiting your news

Nope - I haven't changed anything on play store. That must be something with the play store app of your phone.

TelloFpv uses normal "shared preferences" for app preferences and sqlite databases for flight log data. Both of these data types are standardized and managed by Android. That is I don't manage these files but they are automatically created by Android and should be deleted when the app is removed.
If you delete & reinstall the flight log should be gone. If it is still visible you may have some sort of backup & restore process messing with the app data. If that is not the case then again its something about your phone.

The files for TelloFpv are:

License data including permanent license key (encrypted with a device specific key so impossible to transfer):
/data/data/com.volatello.tellofpv/shared_prefs/com.google.android.vending.licensing.ServerManagedPolicy.xml

App Preferences:
/data/data/com.volatello.tellofpv/shared_prefs/TELLOFPV.xml

Flight log database:
/data/data/com.volatello.tellofpv/databases/flights.db
/data/data/com.volatello.tellofpv/databases/flights.db-journal

As said these are managed by Android and I actually had to look for the file names & locations as these are not directly referenced in my code.
I never tried to copy these files around, so no clue what happens if you do.

You are the first with these license problems. All others were related to user defined date & time (which makes the date useless for licensing purposes because the user can select anything he wants).
Maybe try to delete the ServerManagedPolicy.xml file and see what happens.

Ok. Maybe the beta issue was just matter of waiting some more time.. that's fine

About the mentioned folder/files I cannot see any of them (under data I don't see another data folder).

My phone is not rooted

I continue to see the license popup at every start..

You have to be root to see these files. On a phone without root these are protected by the OS.
But I have no clue why Smartswitch can see them

Just to be clear
SmartSwitch is the official Samsung app (really it's now integrated in the OS) to transfer data when you change smartphone (I change it every 4/6 months)..
46286891a87faf7d28246418837f9353.jpg

That must be something with the play store app of your phone.
Possibly he has Auto Backup enabled.

Since Android 6.0 (API 23), the Auto Backup for Apps feature was introduced, which allowed developers to either permit or prevent automatic application backup. As of API 23 backup is enabled by default.

Since the 'No Backup' flag was removed this can happen. I wasn't aware that auto-backup is on by default now.

But it doesn't explain why you are pestered with these license issues.

Update:

Tried to launch the app while in Airplane mode (no data)..

I see the popup about license for a while (less then a second) .. but the app starts anyway (didn't try to connect to Tello because don't have it with me now)

So it seems to be a "fake" check...

Don't know why it happens.. I hope that you, as the app developer, could understand it ;-)

At this point.. for me the problem is solved.. but I wonder if you think that it's normal and/or you want to address it as an issue (minor)

Thanks

Well the content of the old file should be overwritten (and actually it is, otherwise you could not start without internet).

The "other" playstore check should only happen once, its an integrity check to see if playstore has been tampered. No clue why it comes up multiple times and actually takes any time at all (it is an offline check that takes only 2-5ms, so the dialog isn't even displayed on most phones). No clue why this takes so long on your particular phone.

Will try to look into this but it may be hard to replicate

Ok.. so you was "aware" of this..

My actual phone, as said, is a Note20 Ultra 5G, so it is powerfull enough.. but I clearly see the popup all the times

Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv