Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

New app: TelloFPV for Android

...seems to work to some extent, though on my tablet I get a white rectangle on pressing the "..." button. My S5 on the other hand starts up fine & the options pressing the "..." are available as well, but struggles whith the permissions granted. Granting all permissions works, but trying to revoke either location or sound recording or both gives an CTD.

Big brother is watching you :)

Seriously it now has always GPS on, as it sets the EXIF location tags for photos. The problem with GPS is that if its started when needed it requires ages to get the first position fix. That would mean no GPS information for the first minutes of the flight.

But you are right, I should at least make the sound recording permission optional so its only required if users actually use one of the features requiring it.

I will look into this.

Big brother is watching you :)

Seriously it now has always GPS on, as it sets the EXIF location tags for photos. The problem with GPS is that if its started when needed it requires ages to get the first position fix. That would mean no GPS information for the first minutes of the flight.

But you are right, I should at least make the sound recording permission optional so its only required if users actually use one of the features requiring it.

I will look into this.

...well, call me paranoid but I strongly advocate giving the people the choice limiting permissions on a system level. I don't use GPS related features, so I would advocate to make the location permission optional as well.

Reactions: briest
1.13a does not return from sports mode to video mode when you press the panic button while flying in video mode.

1.13a does not return from sports mode to video mode when you press the panic button while flying in video mode.

..quite the other way with my S5, pressing panic in video mode - returns to video mode after release. Pressing panic in sports mode, returns to video mode after release, though

..quite the other way with my S5, pressing panic in video mode - returns to video mode after release. Pressing panic in sports mode, returns to video mode after release, though
That is reproducable for me.
Will fix it now

BTW: all permissions except storage are optional from next release on, so no need for a tinfoil hat anymore. A bit boring now without recording your private chats but at least I keep access to your private files and dirty secrets ;)

Not granting / revoking permissions means related functions will be unavailable. That is no GPS means no position information in JPGs, and no audio permission means audio recording will be unavailable, and screen capturing will not include audio.

Reactions: Mike Wi and hea-kun
That is reproducable for me.
Will fix it now

BTW: all permissions except storage are optional from next release on, so no need for a tinfoil hat anymore. A bit boring now without recording your private chats but at least I keep access to your private files and dirty secrets ;)

Not granting / revoking permissions means related functions will be unavailable. That is no GPS means no position information in JPGs, and no audio permission means audio recording will be unavailable, and screen capturing will not include audio.
The explanation was insufficient.
The failure did not occur with the panic button on the screen, but only with the panic button mapped to the controller.
Thank you for understanding.

here we go 1.13a, fixes the crash on startup

1.13a two tries of Headless mode cause that Tello start moving sideways after pressing the mode button, ended with crash due to my impatience and indoor test. After app restart and third try, Tello icon has been showed and it works ok. (I think I´ll never use this feature anyway)

Boomerang is going to be my new favourite feature, well done (y)

I'm looking forward that one day there will be released one another "secret" project about tilt adjustment for dronie. It could be just something like two options, keep the POI in the very centre of picture (as it is now) and second keep the POI in the bottom centre up on the takeoff button.

Thanks a lot for a new fun with my little baby for following days :)

Sagvan

The failure did not occur with the panic button on the screen, but only with the panic button mapped to the controller.
Thanks, Will check!

1.13a two tries of Headless mode cause that Tello start moving sideways after pressing the mode button, ended with crash due to my impatience and indoor test. After app restart and third try, Tello icon has been showed and it works ok. (I think I´ll never use this feature anyway)

Boomerang is going to be my new favourite feature, well done (y)

I'm looking forward that one day there will be released one another "secret" project about tilt adjustment for dronie. It could be just something like two options, keep the POI in the very centre of picture (as it is now) and second keep the POI in the bottom centre up on the takeoff button.

Thanks a lot for a new fun with my little baby for following days :)

Sagvan
You mean you made a mistake with headless mode and got confused, or headless mode was drifting?

Just bought a Parrot Flypad, should it work with USB OTG in TelloFPV?

By the way, great work volate!lo!

/edit
Maybe you can make an FAQ post with all the common questions.

As mentioned in the manual Flypad does not work over OTG. It seems to work but stops after a minute

Hello.
I got a question to volate!lo. Is it possible to add to Your App function like „live stream” to YouTube account, or Instagram? Function simmilar to this from DJI GO 4 ?? The video could be taken from the screen of the phone but without controls and function button’s ?.
Is it possible, or this is impossible to do?

Reactions: brick72
...my panic button was also mapped to the controller, by the way

Last edited:
"Please set all controller sticks to neutral first" - well this one prevented me a few times to just fire up the machines. I appreciate when people care about my tello - maybe it's just my weird Xbox360 controller.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alqar