Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

New app version for Android

Javi074

Reaction score
New android app version has arrived! :)

I will check if I have problems about loosing control again. I changed "photo quality" to high... but as in the previous version the app is not capable of remembering that change. Allways that I re-started the app the image quality is set to normal :-(

Reactions: Nader

I will check if I have problems about loosing control again. I changed "photo quality" to high... but as in the previous version the app is not capable of remembering that change. Allways that I re-started the app the image quality is set to normal :-(
Do you happen to have a Huwaei phone? Thr new app has not yet arrived for me (moto x)

Reactions: Javi074
Mine is a Xperia X Compact and already got the update but didn't have time to test it.

The description only tell it has some bugs fixed. :unsure:

Lazy Ryze developer too many requests from user's they're not listening like the simple battery% and some on screen shortcut, specially the speed mode... for emergency you can switch fast mode

Ohooo!!! With the new app... I do not know where my pictures are now :-(
Today I flow the tello indoor using the new version of the offical app for the first time. The flight looks more stable.
Until today pictures are stored in the phone in a folder called
/Pictures/Tellophoto
Today I took about 30 pictures but I only have a couple of .PNG!!! (yes... today pictures are png, the previous ones... jpg) images took by the tello, nothing else

Any ideas about where they are now?

Ohooo!!! With the new app... I do not know where my pictures are now :-(
Today I flow the tello indoor using the new version of the offical app for the first time. The flight looks more stable.
Until today pictures are stored in the phone in a folder called
/Pictures/Tellophoto
Today I took about 30 pictures but I only have a couple of .PNG!!! (yes... today pictures are png, the previous ones... jpg) images took by the tello, nothing else

Any ideas about where they are now?

I will reply myselft.
I did several tests today... all with the official app. I took pictures al low/high quality and with/without the T1d remote via bluetooth... and for all cases all pictures were properly stored in the /pictures/telloPhoto folder, as usual. All this pictures are .png instead jpg as in the previous app versions. I do not have any idea about this change in file types.

I will reply myselft.
I did several tests today... all with the official app. I took pictures al low/high quality and with/without the T1d remote via bluetooth... and for all cases all pictures were properly stored in the /pictures/telloPhoto folder, as usual. All this pictures are .png instead jpg as in the previous app versions. I do not have any idea about this change in file types.

About the image format, could it be to lessen processing time because jpeg are compressed and png isn't. That will bring better images :) but the downside is the large file size :rolleyes:.

I did some tests and in very low altitude or when the down sensors detect proximity to the "ground" Tello will have a low angle forward flight and maybe it's related to the "bug" reported by some Tello pilots. I also noticed less frame skips in the video feedback but I need to confirm that in further tests.:unsure:

What's annoy me it's the behavior when Tello bumps on some obstacles. Depending on the G force Tello just shut down the motors instead of self correcting. I got a serious accident because of that behavior. :poop:

Well they are not real PNG files unfortunately :( They are just misnamed. That is also why they are still so small (in file size). If you want to open them in photoshop, you need to rename them, otherwise you get an error saying that the files are not PNGs. Renaming the file extensions to .JPG works...

I don't know what happened, but I hope we get a fix soon...

Last edited:
Well they are not real PNG files unfortunately :( They are just misnamed. That is also why they are still so small (in file size). If you want to open them in photoshop, you need to rename them, otherwise you get an error saying that the files are not PNGs. Renaming the file extensions to .JPG works...

I don't know what happened, but I hope we get a fix soon...

**** it! :poop:

Regards the png files I open them in the android Photoshop Elements app then save and they are saved as jpeg.

I flew in 16mph moderate wind today but no higher the 7m ....no frame skips with the new app for me so am pleased with the new toy

Hi, Can you set the image quality to high. bcz i can set it but after that tello camera going to black. Also can you tell me what is your image size. mine was 512*288

I tried switching between high and low, no issues here. The pictures are still 5MP (2592x1936) but file size roughly doubles with "high"...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
philipp.weisser@ksehingen