Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

New app version IOS

Mikusan

Reaction score
Notes read:

Fixes video bug.

Anyone tried the version? Does it fix the framedrops (which became more frequent with latest firmware) or some other bug?

No it doesn't and now the app blocks each time I stop recording a video.
Got the same problem here. Not possible to record videos any longer. Both when recording manually and when using 360. Have not had any problems with previous versions. Ok when using iPhone wich has not been updated.

Anyone being able to sucessfully use the new app version on iPhone 8? Have you managed to get video recording work as intended?

Anyone being able to sucessfully use the new app version on iPhone 8? Have you managed to get video recording work as intended?
Hi,
I did a test yesterday with my iPhone Xs Max and I had no problems recording a video in regular mode. I did not try recording using the other smart modes. If I have time today I will repot back and let you know my findings.

Hi again,
did several tries with the latest version of the iOS app today using two different iPhones. One iPhone 5 and one iPhone 8. Recording video works a couple of times but fails and freezes the App after about 3-4 recorded video clips both when initiated from the iPhone screen and when initiated from the controller. Looking very much forward to try out the next version of the App.

Hi again,
did several tries with the latest version of the iOS app today using two different iPhones. One iPhone 5 and one iPhone 8. Recording video works a couple of times but fails and freezes the App after about 3-4 recorded video clips both when initiated from the iPhone screen and when initiated from the controller. Looking very much forward to try out the next version of the App.
Have you reported this to Ryze Support? Have a chat with them and send them a copy of your video. Maybe if they see the issue they may be able to fix it on the next app or firmware update. If you don’t report it then they will never know that there’s an issue.

Have you reported this to Ryze Support? Have a chat with them and send them a copy of your video. Maybe if they see the issue they may be able to fix it on the next app or firmware update. If you don’t report it then they will never know that there’s an issue.

I have reported to their AI based support and did after a while manage to have it escalate to the developers (at least it said so) but then I have not heared anything.

Reactions: AlanS
Since yesterday I'm also a new Tello user, facing this app freezing issue.

iPhone X, IOS 12.0.1
Firmware: 01.04.35.01
App version: 1.1.14

When I start video recording during flight it seems to work, but when I want to stop recording, the app completely freezes. The app needs to be closed and restarted. The vid is lost and was not recorded. Taking photos works fine.
In addition the reaction time between the steering actions and the reaction of the drone is sometimes more than 2 seconds delayed. I tried steering with iPad Pro and iPhone X, without WIFI extender. Range was approx. 30m. I will try WIFI extender next week. But I doubt that this fixes the freezing issue.
With regard to steering I could imagine that Gamesir t1d controller might help.

Add me to the list..... using video is problematic...may work, ok, and sometimes, after hitting stop, the app freezes and the drone sits. hovering. Only way to recover is to dismiss the app and restart it.

Currently running: Iphone 6, no controller
Mi-2 wifi extender
recently upgraded the drone, newest app from the app store.

Sent an email to Tello asking for help, they want a video of the problem, which is hard to do as the video doesn't seem to save when the app crashes...

Same issue, video freezes the drone when stop button pushed. Video is not saved. New Tello out of the box. IOS 12.01. Any help would be appreciated thanks

Same here with a brand new Tello. App locks up as soon as you try to stop the video recording. Have to force quit the app and relaunch to regain control of the drone.
I updated the firmware using the app and it recorded one video after it updated.

Maybe 1 in every 10 times i can record about 3 seconds without it locking up but never managed two in a row.
Changing the video data rate doesn’t seem to affect if it will save or not.

Tello firmware 01.04.35.01
Tello App 1.1.14
iPhone Xs iOS 12.1

You can add me to the list. I’m experiencing the same problem every one else on this thread has reported. I’m using an iPhone 6s with iOS 12.1. I’ve tried flying with just the phone, with and without Wifi extender, and also with the Gamsir T1d Bluetooth controller. The problem still occurs regardless.

Add me to the list..... using video is problematic...may work, ok, and sometimes, after hitting stop, the app freezes and the drone sits. hovering. Only way to recover is to dismiss the app and restart it.

Currently running: Iphone 6, no controller
Mi-2 wifi extender
recently upgraded the drone, newest app from the app store.

Sent an email to Tello asking for help, they want a video of the problem, which is hard to do as the video doesn't seem to save when the app crashes...
What Ryze wants. Grab iDevice A and B. Use iDevice A to record iDevice B's screen. Use iDevice B to fly the Tello. Make sure to produce the bug and send that video to Ryze.

What Ryze wants. Grab iDevice A and B. Use iDevice A to record iDevice B's screen. Use iDevice B to fly the Tello. Make sure to produce the bug and send that video to Ryze.

I honestly hope you’re being sarcastic in your response (I truly can’t tell)......if not #howmucharetheypayingyou ?

I honestly hope you’re being sarcastic in your response (I truly can’t tell)......if not #howmucharetheypayingyou ?
I was being serious. Just wanted to help. Now I just leave it in your hands

I'll try to catch the error when I fly on Thursday, but it's problematic because, one, I only have one iphone, and two the freeze up is intermittent in nature. There really isn't much to see... you stop the video recording and the app freezes up...

You don't need to fly in order to get the error. Just swich video recording on and off a few times before take-off. It's much safer to try it out this way since you don't take the risk to loose control of your Tello up in the air.

Reactions: CruxMuzic

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv