Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

New app version IOS

You don't need to fly in order to get the error. Just swich video recording on and off a few times before take-off. It's much safer to try it out this way since you don't take the risk to loose control of your Tello up in the air.
I did that, after less than a minute or two I got an error from the Tello saying Shutting down due to Overheating

When trying this test, OR when updating the Tello, it's best to put a small fan on the drone from the bottom. Without the cooling effect of the spinning props the drone tends to overheat easily...

I have the same issue. Video freezing. It seems to work better setting the iphone in airplane mode and disabling location.

Reactions: Kerry.B
I have tried disabling the location services and putting my iphone in airport mode and was finally able to record however, the next few video recording attempts also failed. Is this just an iOS issue? Any plans to update the app or new firmware?

I have tried disabling the location services and putting my iphone in airport mode and was finally able to record however, the next few video recording attempts also failed. Is this just an iOS issue? Any plans to update the app or new firmware?
I believe this is only an iOS issue as it doesn’t appear to be raising too much alarm with the majority of users on this forum. Unbelievable really as it’s quite serious. I’m hoping for a s/w update any time now as l’ve found the workarounds don’t solve the problem entirely making each flight a bit of a gamble.

This video lockup issue is very disappointing - other than that this is a neat little drone.

IOS: 12.1
Tello firmware 01.04.35.01
Tello App 1.1.14

Last edited:
I have this problem too, Brand New Tello and got freeze app at the first fly...
Did anybody got the problem resolve?

Cheers
Hi, I’ve contacted Ryze support. They eventually admitted there was a problem, apologised and said their software engineers are working on it. No time schedule give, only that they would mark as urgent.

Hi, I’ve contacted Ryze support. They eventually admitted there was a problem, apologised and said their software engineers are working on it. No time schedule give, only that they would mark as urgent.
Thanks Fotonatic, so sad I'm just foolin around flying without shooting

iOS 12.1.1 released last night resolves the issue. Updated my iPhone this evening and been flying for an hour without a lock up. Happy !

iOS 12.1.1 released last night resolves the issue. Updated my iPhone this evening and been flying for an hour without a lock up. Happy !

Am updating to 12.1.1 right now and will follow up with results, to see if it resolves for me also.

Well, I guess your either lucky or something else is at work.
I'm running 12.1.1 on an iPhone 5S

I've tried video both with the GameSir T1d and without and either way it hangs when video stops.
Tried both manual video and flight mode 360.

So I don't think iPhone update is the answer.

Did you do a simple update, or did you delete the old app first? If not try deleting the original first....Also try turning the phone off and restarting things...

Tried both turning off the phone and re-installing the tello app and still freezes.
I was able to save one video by landing and then turning off video, but when I tried again it froze.
I guess I just wait for Ryze to update firmware.

Oddly (?) I can't find the update (12.1.1 ) on the App Store.....only shows the previous version...1.1.14 .

Yesterday I tr
Ok. Online chat with Tello says that iPhone XS Max not supported yet.

Said on my other device to do this (in attached photo)
I did this on my iPad Pro running 12.0.1 and it worked. Now I can record video on my iPad with no crashes.

I will try it on my iPhone X Max for the hell of it.
View attachment 2096
Yesterday I did this and make a quick test record a video about 23 sec without flying and it worked, today I test flying and recording about 1minutes 10 sec and it still work yeaayyy.......

I'll try to update my IOS 12.1.1 asap and see what happen

Cheers

Followed the steps in the attachment and still freezes. That's it for me - Photos only until Ryze fixes.

I'll try to update my IOS 12.1.1 asap and see what happen

Cheers[/QUOTE]

Confirm IOS 12.1.1 solve the problem, everything work well

Brand new Tello bought yesterday discovered the video issue on the first flight.

Just updated my ios to 12.1.1 deleted and reinstalled the app hard reset both the drone and my iPhone 7 with no joy. A great little drone, just highly disappointing that the app isn't 100% yet. Fingers crossed for a quick fix by the developers.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv