Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

New Tello motor spins when battery inserted

allenajs

Reaction score
Greetings!
Replaced a blue/white wire motor by soldering wires together as opposed to soldering the power pad.
Blue to blue, white to white. Put it all back together and now when I insert the battery, that motor spins on its own.
How can that happen? The other motors do not spin when battery inserted.
Thanks!

I imagine the motor power comes from PWM output of the Movidius chip, through some transistor. So maybe the transistor is fried?

You have to measure the board to figure out where motor signals come from. I don't think we have any schematics.

EDIT:
Actually, I see 4 inductors on the board, which suggests that each motor has its own switching regulator. So you need to figure out the regulator chip and circuit around it.

EDIT2:
The switching regulators for motors have external keys - the MOSFET transistors with `1C` marking.
So I'd check the transistor first. Pretty sure 90% of involuntary motor spins are caused by fried MOSFETs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bruchpilot
I imagine the motor power comes from PWM output of the Movidius chip, through some transistor. So maybe the transistor is fried?

You have to measure the board to figure out where motor signals come from. I don't think we have any schematics.

EDIT:
Actually, I see 4 inductors on the board, which suggests that each motor has its own switching regulator. So you need to figure out the regulator chip and circuit around it.

EDIT2:
The switching regulators for motors have external keys - the MOSFET transistors with `1C` marking.
So I'd check the transistor first. Pretty sure 90% of involuntary motor spins are caused by fried MOSFETs.

Thank you!! I will check out out.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karlyan