Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

New Tello won't work with Samsung Galaxy Note 8

dscrap

Reaction score
I just purchased the Tello for my Goddaughter who is turning 10. I received it the other day and figured I would set it up and charge the battery before giving it to her. I charged the battery over night and when I checked it in the morning, it was still flashing blue. Not sure what that's about. I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 8 running android 8.0.0. I can find the Tello wifi network and connect to it. It says limited internet connection, but that is to be expected. I was able after messing with it for a bit to have it actually connect and I could see an image from the camera. The problem is that none of the controls work. It connects, sometimes, but I cant do anything else. It wont start up or lift off. The light blinks either fast yellow if it wont connect and then slow yellow once it finally connects. I attempted to try it with an old Galaxy S3 pone running android 4.4.2. I could get it to connect and even did a firmware update. The problem with that setup is that the camera view doesn't work. I gust get a scrambled picture. If I take a picture with the S3, it comes out fine. So there is an issue there somewhere as well. The Tello will take off and fly with the S# however, just no camera view.

I have a Mavic Pro, so I am expierience with the products. Anyone have a similar issue or resolution? She has an iPod that I would would work once I give it to her...

Got it working with the Note 8. Kinda weird, but this is the steps I took. I let it connect to the Tello wifi so I could save the profile on my Note 8....

Turn off the Tello
Turn off wife on the Note 8
Turn on the Tello and let it go through its steps until I got the yellow fast blinking light
Open wifi settings on the Note 8
Turn on the wifi and connect to the Tello wifi
wait until it says connected, no internet
open the app
good to go!

Hopefully it will be as easy later when I try it again.

Coming from an s8 perspective here, if the still pics you take show up on the phone as grey squares, download pixlr and try opening them in that. I suspect the jpg header is corrupt but the actual image info is fine

Coming from an s8 perspective here, if the still pics you take show up on the phone as grey squares, download pixlr and try opening them in that. I suspect the jpg header is corrupt but the actual image info is fine
yes i'm having the grey picture as well and idea how to solve the problem.

Thanks

Got it working with the Note 8. Kinda weird, but this is the steps I took. I let it connect to the Tello wifi so I could save the profile on my Note 8....

Turn off the Tello
Turn off wife on the Note 8
Turn on the Tello and let it go through its steps until I got the yellow fast blinking light
Open wifi settings on the Note 8
Turn on the wifi and connect to the Tello wifi
wait until it says connected, no internet
open the app
good to go!

Hopefully it will be as easy later when I try it again.
LOL...turned off wife...lol

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv