Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

New to drones

PaulieB

Reaction score
I gave my husband a drone for Christmas and he has yet to be able to fly it. Best Buy said a nimbus gaming controller would work but I can't get it to pair up with the drone. Can someone please help?

Reactions: dirkclod
What kind of phone are you using?

Edit: You don't pair the controller with the drone. You pair it to the iPhone in this case and the iPhone connects to the drone's wifi broadcast.

Last edited:
I told the people at best buy that I didn't want him to have to use his phone but he doesn't have an iphone. He has an android

The Tello is a phone only drone. You need a phone or tablet in order to fly it. That specific controller is an iPhone only controller. Sorry to hear that the Best Buy clerk didn't give you the correct advice.

That being said, you won't find a better drone than the Tello in the toy drone category. The closest one is the Spark and that one is a consumer drone that requires registration.

I'm not sure why you don't want him to have to use the phone to control it, but if you're concerned about data usage, don't be. It doesn't use phone data to control it, just internal wifi.

Mikeg

I gave my husband a drone for Christmas and he has yet to be able to fly it. Best Buy said a nimbus gaming controller would work but I can't get it to pair up with the drone. Can someone please help?
Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
0rojyyg-png.95983

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv