Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

New to drones

Dontflywell

Reaction score
Aside from a couple of nano drones I’m fairly new to drone flying. I bought the Tello because I was impressed with its capabilities. My big fear is losing it. I’ve read several strings about the Tello going rogue and disappearing. Although it’s considered inexpensive, $100 is a good chunk of money for me. Is the Tello prone to flying off?

Aside from a couple of nano drones I’m fairly new to drone flying. I bought the Tello because I was impressed with its capabilities. My big fear is losing it. I’ve read several strings about the Tello going rogue and disappearing. Although it’s considered inexpensive, $100 is a good chunk of money for me. Is the Tello prone to flying off?
I currently have a claim open with ryze for a fly away. 2nd flight. Make sure you calibrate all settings. Im waiting for a response. I plan to buy another if they find it was user error. ( i bought the boost pack and controller and want to be able to use it) lots of people dont have this issue.

Be sure to stay within range. For the few short flights i had it was very fun. Responsive and quick.

Like i said i plan on buying another

Sent from my LG-SP200 using Tapatalk

I follow most Tello discussions and have some rough idea how things work between Tello and the apps ;)

In terms of flyaways Tello is as good as it gets. Whenever it detects it lost connection to the controller it just hovers in place and starts an autolanding after a minute. On problem: When hovering low (below ~2m) Tello firmware restricts attitude angle, the lower the worse! As a result Tello is not able to fight any wind when flying low and when just 20cm above the ground it can start to drift just by its won propwash. So a Flyaway in little wind can happen lot to the ground.
That said there can be exceptions, but it seems to be _very_ rare

Flyaways are more a problem with GPS controlled drones: Wifi disconnects, emergency RTH is triggered, GPS gets confused and off it goes.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv