Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

New To Tello & Looking For Help

jmagnusphoto

Reaction score
I have a new Tello with a controller and an iPhone 7 Plus phone. I can get the bluetooth connection to work with the controller and iPhone. I can get the wifi connection to work with the Tello and the iPhone. But I cannot get the controller to operate the Tello. What am I doing wrong? I tried to search for this but couldn't find it. Sorry if it's repetitive. Thanks!

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Reactions: jmagnusphoto
In the Tello app hit the gear ( settings ) and select Bluetooth and connect your controller to the app ( that is what I have to do, but using an android myself )

Reactions: 2edgesword
I finally got mine to work there are many good videos on youtube.com that are great to follow and let me say what a world of difference with the controller

I was also sceptical of controllers until I found out my kids cheap shinecon controller also worked and ended up getting myself one. Had to set it up as master on tello fpv app. Lol also got a repeater and travel case as well. All worthy add-ons. Especially the tello fpv app that in my eyes is the best upgrade for your money

Reactions: Rattydude77
There may be some that are good at using the phone to control the Tello but I much prefer the controller and the tactile control it provides. As mentioned use the phone wifi to connect the phone to the Tello and use the app to connect the controller to the phone via Bluetooth.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv