Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

New with a few questions

Silanir

Reaction score
Just picked up a Tello bundle today and was wondering what app I should use and if I really need a controller, if so which is best. I have an iPhone 8+. Thanks in advance

Hey nice. I would say if ur on iphone ur only bet is the official tello app (free). On android heaps of people praise the tellofpv app (5 USD). I would suggest you fly it with prop guards on brightly lit indoors first to get the hang of it first. If you don't really like virtual stick then consider investing in a controller, check the compatible controller thread pinned at the top of the discussion sub-forum. A quick suggestion is, gamersir t1d, t1s (if you can get t1s get this it is better than t1d in terms of extra utility when not flying tello), gamevice (this requires you to remove ur phone case and glass protector or it won't fit unless you hack the screws), steele series nimbus or stratus (not sure I heard they work u better check), madcatz ctrl. Personally I do not mind virtual sticks unless I am in a stable course or tight space, I am more precise with real joy sticks.

Welcome to the community, you may also join the fb group called official tello owners, more people chatting there. Heaps of good info here to help you get more fun out of the tello!

Reactions: ph2t
I like using a controller over a phone ,Its just what I am use to.

I have a gamesir t1s controller, on android, but have found I like the simplicity of using just the phone.

Few days ago I walked to the middle of a 7 acre field with just the phone, Tello, and 3 batteries... the most fun 30 minutes I've spent in a long time!

I have a gamesir t1s controller, on android, but have found I like the simplicity of using just the phone.

Few days ago I walked to the middle of a 7 acre field with just the phone, Tello, and 3 batteries... the most fun 30 minutes I've spent in a long time!
And wifi repeater ?

No repeater... just me, Tello, and phone.

I have a Mi 2 repeater but don't feel like using it most of the time. Without a BT controller causing video interference, there's no need really... not into max distance, I have a phantom for that.

And I've found out I can fly better, with more precise control, by not lifting my thumbs from the screen. Kind of hard to describe but it works for me, like it better than a controller

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv