Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Nokia 6 Android Phone won't run Tello App with Gamesir T1S

Stormy1

Reaction score
Totally frustrated as a new Tello potential pilot.
The combo in my post will not work in Bluetooth mode. When I choose the game sir in the Tello app the app won't connect to it even though the Gamesir is listed as a choice. Cancels it.
Second, I got an OTG cable as suggested by others. Followed directions as listed by others on the forum. Connected cable to controller first, Home + A, before connecting to app on phone, then plugged into the phone and app. Zero results.
Third, used an IPad and bluetooth. Worked fine,
Has anyone used iPad with OTG?
Bottomline I really want to use the Nokia Phone but so far total disaster. Most definitely with OTG which is why I got the T1s. Why the bluetooth won't work is beyond me. I'd settle for that if I have to. Not crazy about carrying an iPad around.
Thanks so much.

Update: I found a previous response that turned out to be helpful. It involved totally clearing out the controller settings. Also deleting the Blue Tooth settings for the T1S that I had tried earlier. In addition Home + B was used on the T1s instead of Home + A. That all came together and the Tello App finally accepted the controller. I have no doubt that I tried a number of earlier Home + Letters when it didn't work to begin with. I guess the message is to clear the controller settings and initial bluetooth settings if you are experimenting with connections. The Nokia 6 was not the problem. I hope this is helpful to others.
That's good but hooking up using the OTG wired connection remains unsolved. All I see on my phone is that the USB on the phone just sees it as being charged.
Appreciate any additional input on making it work. Thanks.

If you're using the OEM Tello app, you won't be able to use your T1s OTG... try TelloFPV app - you'll love it
Thank you for the reply. I did try to run it with FPV Tello app. It did not work, however, I have since found the right steps to make it work. I don't have it written up yet but I will be writing a series of steps that should make it very simple for anyone, especially new folks like me, to make the OTG connect properly first time out. I really looked at a number of suggestions here on the forum for the input and basically will describe a sequence that should work regardless of phone type. Members have been very helpful. I will try to to return the favor by writing this all up. Thanks again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
97bugsinthecode