Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Overheat Shutdown

Colaboy

Reaction score
Hi.

The other day, I got my tello stuck on the house roof.
Yes, I know...
Anyway, I got the ladder out and went up to get it.
While I was doing so, I got the message "Overheating, closing down", or words to that effect.
It seems fine but I was wondering if that may have done any long term damage to it?
Just curious that all really.

Thank you.

No, happened with me a bunch of times. I take out the battery and let the drone cool down behind a fan, before jumping back into action. I built my own DroneAI application with bunch of other AI features, which not only warns you when temp is high but also gives the temperature reading of the drone.
When we charted the temperature reading, we found that when drone was not flying its temperature rises exponentially. But when it's flying the temperature is quite balanced because you have the 4 propellers which help in dissipating the heat.

Conclusion: Don't let the drone sit idle. Your drone is fine.. consider automatic shut down as safety feature by DJI before hardware starts melting...

No, happened with me a bunch of times. I take out the battery and let the drone cool down behind a fan, before jumping back into action. I built my own DroneAI application with bunch of other AI features, which not only warns you when temp is high but also gives the temperature reading of the drone.
When we charted the temperature reading, we found that when drone was not flying its temperature rises exponentially. But when it's flying the temperature is quite balanced because you have the 4 propellers which help in dissipating the heat.

Conclusion: Don't let the drone sit idle. Your drone is fine.. consider automatic shut down as safety feature by DJI before hardware starts melting...
Is that available. It sounds like it would help. many of us with the overheating problem. Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thepresentx