Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Overheating at rest

Be careful, the Tello can overheat even during the firmware upgrade process!! I did a test flight after the update, and the Tello shut off MID-AIR (!!!!!) because of overheating!!! Fell down the floor from 1m height...
(n)(n)(n)
Not good...

diversiCA

Yes, indeed. @kovbenc is right. I also saw that it gets overheated during the firmware upgrade.
I am using the drone for almost 2 months so far and no overheating issues (except the one during the upgrade) happened.

Cheers

Chacky

The best way to prevent it from overheating is to pull and hold the flight sticks to 4 o'clock-left stick and 7 o'clock-right stick and turn on the motors while on the ground.
This way it will cool itself down while you are doing an update or just arrange your settings

Question to all: At the bottom of the Tello are two sensors. Only one of them shines red. Is that correct?
Otherwise it comes with my Tello to overheating at rest!

Thanks, which function does the other have?
And the video shots wabble strongly, is that synonymous normal?
Thanks for feedback.

Put an USB fan in front of the Tello while parking on the ground. Overheat shutdown is always a pain during the development process of any kind of software, mainly low level protoll.

My is overheating, too. USB Fan solved my issue. Air steam while flying deliver sufficient cooling.

Louis08

Has anyone had to change an engine?
:rolleyes:
Would you pls start a seperate thread after searching the forum for possible answers instead of hijacking other threads with completely unrelated questions?
This thread here is about overheating at rest - this has nothing to do with the VPS sensors on the bottom or changing Tello motors.....

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briancrisbravo