Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Overheating at rest

Yes, indeed. @kovbenc is right. I also saw that it gets overheated during the firmware upgrade.
I am using the drone for almost 2 months so far and no overheating issues (except the one during the upgrade) happened.

Cheers

The best way to prevent it from overheating is to pull and hold the flight sticks to 4 o'clock-left stick and 7 o'clock-right stick and turn on the motors while on the ground.
This way it will cool itself down while you are doing an update or just arrange your settings

Reactions: Beire
Question to all: At the bottom of the Tello are two sensors. Only one of them shines red. Is that correct?
Otherwise it comes with my Tello to overheating at rest!

Thanks, which function does the other have?
And the video shots wabble strongly, is that synonymous normal?
Thanks for feedback.

Put an USB fan in front of the Tello while parking on the ground. Overheat shutdown is always a pain during the development process of any kind of software, mainly low level protoll.

My is overheating, too. USB Fan solved my issue. Air steam while flying deliver sufficient cooling.

To all,
Has anyone had to change an engine? If so, how big is the effort?
Thank you for feedback

Has anyone had to change an engine?
:rolleyes:
Would you pls start a seperate thread after searching the forum for possible answers instead of hijacking other threads with completely unrelated questions?
This thread here is about overheating at rest - this has nothing to do with the VPS sensors on the bottom or changing Tello motors.....

@all: sorry for OT, but I feel an urge to post this.

------------

Sorry, is o.k.
Well, not really. Hijacking another thread is not what I meant.

What is so difficult in heading to an appropriate sub-forum like e.g. "Tello Help" and clicking on the big "POST THREAD" button?

Keeping different topics in different threads makes it easier for others to find answers to their questions - in case they stick to common netiquette and browse a bit before posting their question.

Reactions: volate!lo
I have the same problem it started right after I did the last update. Maybe there is something wrong in the update for the firmware.
Going to contact them.

I confirm that Tello overheats if it stays on without flying ... This is normal since there are no fans inside.
I keep the Tello fresh this way for updates or for extender configurations.

Attachments

• 20190622_161249.jpg
    20190622_161249.jpg
    776.2 KB · Views: 30
  • 20190622_161122.jpg
    20190622_161122.jpg
    844.9 KB · Views: 30
I have mine on a fan as well for updates\programming. It’s only a budget drone a fan would add weight, noise and size.

Reactions: Flydrone

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv