Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Parabolic Reflector for WIFI+S Range Extender

raulvolador

Reaction score
Hi,

As you know I succesfully tested WIFI+S Range Extender. It's giving me best results than famous Xiaomi Repeater v2. WIFI+S Range Extender vs Xiami WIFI Repeater

But I would like to go one step beyond I decided adding a Parabolic Wifi Reflector for better range and performance. I performed this task in the past for Xiaomi, remember: WIFI reflector for improving Tello range

I faced the problem WIFI+S has two antennas four centimeters apart. I find and download this template from "Corrugator Supercilii" at instructables.com:

DIY WIFI Antenna Reception Booster

I started worked on it, adding a four centimeters width non-used flat area between both antenas. That way each half of reflector feeds only one antenna. I have no previous experience into Wifi reflector designing but I hope my pattern works

Here are my modified templates for WIFI+S Range Extender. Ensure you print them into a normalized A4 size paper sheet. Space between holes must be four centimeters. Click over images for a full-size file download:

Some pictures final result:

I hope performing flight tests soon.

Raul.

Credits: Corrugator Supercilii from Instructables.com (Thanks a lot for your reflector)

Last edited:
Great Job Raul!!!

Hopefully you will get the 1Km mark I've been pestering you since months ago.

Hi,

Finally, Parabolic reflector test finished.

I achieved an average 25% range improvement when using Parabolic reflector into WIFI+S. Image quality improves similar way.

This results are very close previously obtained when testing Parabolic reflector for Xiaomi Wifi repeater some months ago. At that time I got 20-30% range improvement WIFI reflector for improving Tello range using Xiaomi WIFI repeater

As you must know, this kind of test are hard to perform. I need to perform lot of flights until getting consistent results.

Anyway, let me show a couple of images as a proof:

First, WIFI+S without Parabolic reflector. This february flight I got 291 meters. I reported it here WIFI+S Range Extender vs Xiami WIFI Repeater
wifi+s extender no reflector.jpg

Then, WIFI+S with Parabolic reflector. Yesterday afternoon I got an amazing 364 meters. Incredible range for a residential area full of neighbors WIFI interference. As said, a 24% range improvement.
wifi+s extender with reflector.jpg

Take into account you should flight in front of Parabolic Reflector. No magic as range improvement achieved at expense of losing range backwards/sideways.

I hope it helps

Raul.

I received this wifi + S extender but I can't configure it, it creates the "Plus" network that connects to it but the red LED starts to flash and doesn't work. I followed all the steps as per the manual but nothing .. maybe something is wrong?:unsure:

I received this wifi + S extender but I can't configure it, it creates the "Plus" network that connects to it but the red LED starts to flash and doesn't work. I followed all the steps as per the manual but nothing .. maybe something is wrong?:unsure:

Reset WIFI+ inserting a sharp object into the hole provided. Forgot Wifi netwok into your smartphone and try again. Good luck !

Reset WIFI+ inserting a sharp object into the hole provided. Forgot Wifi netwok into your smartphone and try again. Good luck !

I have already made these attempts several times, but always at the end the Red LED flashes and no connection! I tried also with home WiFi but nothing to do ..

Using Tello stock aplication change Tello's wifi name removing spaces/non standar characters and set an easy eight characters password, for example '11111111', then pair WIFI+ again

Using Tello stock aplication change Tello's wifi name removing spaces/non standar characters and set an easy eight characters password, for example '11111111', then pair WIFI+ again

I did as you said, changing TELLO's WiFi name and password and now it's finally connected!
Thank you very much Raul.?

First quick home test: TELLO on the third floor and I in the garage on the ground floor and have 90 fixed dBi.

Reactions: raulvolador
I did as you said, changing TELLO's WiFi name and password and now it's finally connected!
Thank you very much Raul.?

First quick home test: TELLO on the third floor and I in the garage on the ground floor and have 90 fixed dBi.

Congratulations !

I hope now you enjoy your flights a lot more.

Raul.

Reactions: Flydrone

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv