Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Parabolic Reflector for xiaomi WiFi Repeater

Sorry, I missed that nuance. Sounds like you might be asking a bit too much from a toy drone.
Not at all. Maybe you are missing the point? This 'toy' drone is quite capable of doing extraordinary things, especially when/if we know it's limits. The WiFi repeater has shown it can increase the range of the Tello. Adding a WiFi reflector to the repeater can increase it's range even further. I used this procedure to determine my limits without putting the Tello at risk. I have easily taken it out to 495' (150m) with signal to spare using the extender and reflector combination. I did that with the assurance that it was capable of it before I put it in a risk situation. I really have no desire to push it further given it is hard to see at those distances but I feel more comfortable flying it knowing what it's capable of doing.

I used this procedure to determine my limits without putting the Tello at risk.
See, this part I can't comprehend.

If you're 495 ft away from the drone it IS at the same risk, doesn't matter if you drove that far on a golf cart, walked away, or flew it away from you... what's the difference? It's still 495 feet away - if something unexpected happens and you need to have eyes on the drone, there's nothing you can do whether you walked, drove or flew.

See, this part I can't comprehend.

If you're 495 ft away from the drone it doesn't matter if you drove that far on a golf cart, walked away, or flew it away from you... what's the difference? It's still 495 feet away - if something unexpected happens and you need to have eyes on the drone, there's nothing you can do whether you walked, drove or flew.
I did not want to risk loosing the Tello or finding it drop to the ground in the path of an oncoming car while trying to determine how far it could fly before loosing signal. It is simply a safer way to determine the distance from the Tello before the WiFi drops out. Doing it this way, if I lost signal, the Tello would simply land safely where I left it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
97bugsinthecode