Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Pete from Brighton, UK

Dazwell

Reaction score
Website
www.dazwell.com
Hi. I'm new to the Tello (only 24 hours in) but I've been flying racing quads for a couple of years. I don't get time any more to fly the big ones now, plus the UK laws are a bit tight now, and there's no local clubs.
So I got myself a Tello, and I'm hooked! Looking forward to the programming side of the this little thing as well :)

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
0rojyyg-png.95983

Reactions: Dazwell
Hi. I'm new to the Tello (only 24 hours in) but I've been flying racing quads for a couple of years. I don't get time any more to fly the big ones now, plus the UK laws are a bit tight now, and there's no local clubs.
So I got myself a Tello, and I'm hooked! Looking forward to the programming side of the this little thing as well :)
Tello is not so much like a racer I guess but more like flying one of the larger sedate GPS drones. Very stable and fun, indoors and outdoors, and no setup ime. You have flown two batteries worth before other folks have even taken off.

And after the issues at London Gatwick it will only get more complicated to fly larger drones. Personally I'm expecting a ban throughout Europe for anything above 250gr or even less in the next years. And after seeing how & where some idiots fly I can understand the point.
Thats why I love Tello: Its viewed as a toy but its a very capable one.

Yes, I think we will be looking at a ban soon. I only live 20 minutes away from Gatwick, and I'm not taking any of the racers out for a while.

I've had my Tello 48 hours now, and love it to bits. I've got the controller, case and 4 port charger already. I've got 2 extra batteries and the Mi WiFi extender arriving tomorrow.
I was out this afternoon trying it in FPV mode using my phone in my VR case, but the WiFi signal drops too much to make it usable, but hopefully the WiFi extender fixes that tomorrow.
So this evening I've been following a tutorial on Node-Red for the Tello to control it and automate flight plans from my laptop. THIS IS SOOOOOOO COOL!

1546210407079.png

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv