Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Pimp my tello

poweredbypies

Reaction score
Has anyone painted their tello to make it a bit more easy to see which IMG_20180724_093127.jpgway is front when just flying for fun not using the camera? I have painted top cover and front props and guards in fluro orange. The top cover took it great really pop's, probably should have put some primer on the props and guards as it hasnt taken quite so well and is a bit muted compared. Any way some piccys. View attachment IMG_20180724_093139.jpg

Hi
As a 30 years RC flyer i can say.
Never ever paint your props.
They should be balanced as made.
and tge only times i ever mounted glue on My prop on quads or rc gly
Was on a prop balancer to balance perfectly my prop.

This will give you big problems of rotations amAnd damage to motor shaft.

Be aware
Guy

I will advice you to remove the paint or just cgange props to diferent colors as i did
Back are black
Front are Yellow
The props you painted..to the garbage.
30 years iam derp in RC
Trust me i have seen it all and got to know allot ...
Tx
Guy

did think about coloured props but quite a few of the reviews on amazon were not vey good. have flown it quite a few times now as is and havent noticed any change in performance or stability. was a very light even coating as i was wary of causing imbalances.

Has anyone painted their tello to make it a bit more easy to see which View attachment 877way is front when just flying for fun not using the camera? I have painted top cover and front props and guards in fluro orange. The top cover took it great really pop's, probably should have put some primer on the props and guards as it hasnt taken quite so well and is a bit muted compared. Any way some piccys. View attachment 878
My hubby just painted mine today! Pink of course lol

Hey can anyone advise *how* to paint the Tello? Can I do it with a can of spray paint? Do I have to sand it back first and use primer?

IMG_20200821_075803_CidNewProps.jpg

Spray paint only, I just used a band of tape in the middle of the body spraid the whole thing and removed the tape afterward.
I used the orange painted tape to hide the balance's brand then.

Cid_Gizmo_Balance.jpg

I'll be doing another round of props painting soon enough. I'll document the thing.

A word of advice about the propellers : avoid sending paint into the propeller "hole" if possible (you want your propellers to still fit the motor pins).
I paint one side of the propellers, let it dry then paint the other side.

Oh; and of course I did not ever "painted the Tello", I only painted individual parts away from the Tello itself.

Attachments

• GizmoNaked_Cid_newSkin<.jpg
    GizmoNaked_Cid_newSkin<.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 6

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv