Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

PROBLEM CONNECTING PHONE TO DRONE

TOPGUN

Reaction score
For some reason although my phone says I am connected to Tello wifi when I go to the Tello ap its not connected help thanks.I have an Android phone took it over to a friend who has an I phone no trouble connecting.

Hi I have a Sony Xperia since posting I uninstlled the tello drone ap and the reinstalled it,but it took three attempts to connect wi fi to drone.

Other thing I have noticed just purchase a game sir T1 D controller got Bluetooth linked to drone but you cannot take of using the controller you have to use the auto take off in the ap then you can control drone odd.

Other thing I have noticed just purchase a game sir T1 D controller got Bluetooth linked to drone but you cannot take of using the controller you have to use the auto take off in the ap then you can control drone odd.
Put the left stick in the 5 o'clock position and the right stick in the 7 o'clock position. Once motors start, just hit left stick up to fly.

Reactions: TOPGUN
I'm having similar issues. I've got a Motorola G5 plus and was able to connect and fly last night after figuring out to put the phone in airplane mode first. The video had some green lines but it otherwise worked OK. Today, my phone connects but the drone stays blinking yellow. I've tried at least 10 times and have even forgotten my home networks which is annoying but ok.

What phone are you using still having problems connecting to wi fi sometimes it connects but yesterday over 6 attempts to connect sill no joy.

I'm having similar issues. I've got a Motorola G5 plus and was able to connect and fly last night after figuring out to put the phone in airplane mode first. The video had some green lines but it otherwise worked OK. Today, my phone connects but the drone stays blinking yellow. I've tried at least 10 times and have even forgotten my home networks which is annoying but ok.
My mate has an I phone and connects to that straight away mine seems to be hit and miss might have to change my phone for an I phone

to update this thread, and for anyone that's had a similar problem as myself, the issue was user error... The problem was that I was connecting to the wifi before turning on the app, which apparently doesn't work. What does work is to open the app, then connect to the wifi, then go back to the app.

to update this thread, and for anyone that's had a similar problem as myself, the issue was user error... The problem was that I was connecting to the wifi before turning on the app, which apparently doesn't work. What does work is to open the app, then connect to the wifi, then go back to the app.
Will give that a try

Will give that a try
Good luck! FWIW, I also recommend the TelloFPV app. I've only used the demo version so far but will be purchasing it if I decide to keep the Tello (long story involving bad customer service from Google Express + frustration with PS3 controllers not working with my phone). The app seemed easier to use and fixed my green-bar issues with videos and photos. I'd like to try the aTelloPilot app as well to see if it's more camera-focused features such as face tracking, and flight paths work well, but didn't see any kind of a demo.

Good luck! FWIW, I also recommend the TelloFPV app. I've only used the demo version so far but will be purchasing it if I decide to keep the Tello (long story involving bad customer service from Google Express + frustration with PS3 controllers not working with my phone). The app seemed easier to use and fixed my green-bar issues with videos and photos. I'd like to try the aTelloPilot app as well to see if it's more camera-focused features such as face tracking, and flight paths work well, but didn't see any kind of a demo.
There is no demo and the developer disappeared. Still a good strong app.

There is no demo for aTellopilot, but you can always buy and an app and get a refund within the first two hours. This is a general Google play store rule and handled automatically.
However I never got any of the special features to work reliably.

There is no demo and the developer disappeared. Still a good strong app.
Let's not be too hasty on declaring him as having disappeared. His last couple posts were at the end of December, one of which expressed the desire to keep up with volate!lo's progress. There have been holidays, flu season, you never know if there was an emergency, etc. plus let's not forget that even app developers have families, full-time jobs, and other hobbies. It's pretty reasonable for him to not have made any update-worthy progress in a month.

Reactions: volate!lo

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv