Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Programming on Chromebook

mhasan

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I have Tello for a while and I have done extensive Scratch programming with tello on my windows laptop. Also used Droneblocks on my Ipad.
I demoed the scratch programming tello in my kids school and now they wanted me to run a coding club in the school.
Challenge is that they have most of the Chromebooks.

My question.. has anybody tried programming the tello on Chromebooks... I know scratch is available for chromebooks.. how abt Node server..is it also available for chromebook... Please help while I am digging google for this info.

Hi everyone. I have Tello for a while and I have done extensive Scratch programming with tello on my windows laptop. Also used Droneblocks on my Ipad.
I demoed the scratch programming tello in my kids school and now they wanted me to run a coding club in the school.
Challenge is that they have most of the Chromebooks.

My question.. has anybody tried programming the tello on Chromebooks... I know scratch is available for chromebooks.. how abt Node server..is it also available for chromebook... Please help while I am digging google for this info.

Try this: Guide on how to install Node.js and NPM on a Chromebook

The DroneBlocks description on the Chrome Web Store indicates...

"Version 2.0.0 now supports DJI Tello! You can connect directly to Tello from your computer and fly autonomous missions. This version will work on Chrome OS and any computer with the Chrome browser.

But, I have never tried it. So, try it and let me know! I am looking to purchase a fleet of codable drones and my students also have chromebooks.

The DroneBlocks description on the Chrome Web Store indicates...

"Version 2.0.0 now supports DJI Tello! You can connect directly to Tello from your computer and fly autonomous missions. This version will work on Chrome OS and any computer with the Chrome browser.

But, I have never tried it. So, try it and let me know! I am looking to purchase a fleet of codable drones and my students also have chromebooks.

Thanks for this comment...I did land up on droneblocks extensions and was able to programme Tello on Chromebook.

I have kids using chromebooks to program Tellos. I am having connection issues with some of the books, not running the code once they're connected to the drone.

I have kids using chromebooks to program Tellos. I am having connection issues with some of the books, not running the code once they're connected to the drone.
Great! Programming, not connecting. What are you using to code?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv