Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Props coming off

Hummingbird.UAV

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Most every time I bump the tello into something and it falls to the ground it looses one or more props. Anyone glue props on with cyano glue?

Mine also kept falling off,this time it could not be found.Broke into my spare prop stash,and these seem to fit down tighter.Ya need to here a SNAP when swapping props I have found.

Most every time I bump the tello into something and it falls to the ground it looses one or more props. Anyone glue props on with cyano glue?
Yes, I do. There's two very important issues regarding doing so. First, is applying just a dot (not a drop!) of super glue to tip of motor shaft any more than that and you run the risk of it oozing out and into top motor bushing, thus locking up motor...
Two, make sure to seat prop all the way down quickly and flush to motor so it doesn't sit higher on shaft and chance of blowing out bottom of motor in hard crash..
Recently, I've been using thread locker (LockTight) red anaerobic sealer, it cures in the absence of air. Not as strong as glue but less chance of destroying motor, and you can see it better for easy clean up, cures slower than glue so you'll have to let it sit for awhile

Yes, I do. There's two very important issues regarding doing so. First, is applying just a dot (not a drop!) of super glue to tip of motor shaft any more than that and you run the risk of it oozing out and into top motor bushing, thus locking up motor...
Two, make sure to seat prop all the way down quickly and flush to motor so it doesn't sit higher on shaft and chance of blowing out bottom of motor in hard crash..
Recently, I've been using thread locker (LockTight) red anaerobic sealer, it cures in the absence of air. Not as strong as glue but less chance of destroying motor, and you can see it better for easy clean up, cures slower than glue so you'll have to let it sit for awhile
Thanks for the tip, just happen to have some red LockTight.

I suggest just changing props, not using superglue. Props are cheap enough, even OEM props. Don't risk messing up your motors. Once they start coming off that's pretty much it, I just change them. New props work best anyway. That's my advice.

I saw a video on YouTube where you teach how to put the helices with paper glue. The cyan glue should not be used because it will not let out more.

I suggest just changing props, not using superglue. Props are cheap enough, even OEM props. Don't risk messing up your motors. Once they start coming off that's pretty much it, I just change them. New props work best anyway. That's my advice.
I agree, don't glue the old ones, just put a fresh set on. During the last school year, my students in our Drone Club had plenty of crashes and started having the same issue with loose props. A fresh set always went on tighter and stayed on. For the health/life of your Tello, please just get a fresh set.

I think that they should fall off when blocked. That saved my drone from getting stuck in the tree.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv