Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Recommandation for: Drone flying in automatic mode INSIDE a big room

we4mak

Reaction score
Hello, for an art project I would like to fly a drone in a hall in automatic mode. The radius of movement of the drone should be about 10 meters. The drone should circle as long as possible by itself in the lut. Since the automatic function works via gps-based waypoints and the GPS signal is weak indoors, the drone would have to rely on the optical sensors. These tend to fail indoors.
In the customer service of Dji, they could not recommend a suitable drone for the requirements. Maybe someone here has a solution?
That would help me a lot.

Don't know, if the thread opener will read our answers, but the discussion may be benfical though.

Although the VPS works pretty good, there will be some continously increasing deviation over time. So it would need some sporadic correction. This could be implemented either using the mission pads of the Tello EDU or by other algorithms that are able to determine the location optically e.g. by optical markers. ORB-SLAM etc.

Reactions: jeffjeff
Don't know, if the thread opener will read our answers, but the discussion may be benfical though.

Although the VPS works pretty good, there will be some continously increasing deviation over time. So it would need some sporadic correction. This could be implemented either using the mission pads of the Tello EDU or by other algorithms that are able to determine the location optically e.g. by optical markers. ORB-SLAM etc.

Exactly.
But the 10m radius could be a problem as I think (but I don't know for sure) that the EDU can only fly in a smaller area if used with the SDK.

But the 10m radius could be a problem as I think (but I don't know for sure) that the EDU can only fly in a smaller area if used with the SDK.
What makes you think this is a problem?

When you put together commands for smaller segments building a circle, any radius should be possible. But of course, you need some kind of correction for the continous drift.

I just thought to remember that there are some distance limits for SDK commands. I just looked it up, and the curve command allows a radius up to 10m so should be OK.

Anyway, I have never used the SDK so I can't reliably comment how well this actually works.

Right, the curve command allows up to 10m radius.

Otherwise, you can get any radius by combining sideward steps + some yaw as well - but this will look bumpy. Or by using the velocity command with a certain sideward and forward velocity + some continous yaw, giving a smoother filght. However - all this will need some drift compensation.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv