Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Should i buy T1d

bogirdm

Reaction score
Hello pilots, don't read exactly about this controller and already ordered. Should i cancel my order and buy something with OTG? If yes , what's the best?

Hi, my advice would be for you to read this topic

many informations there.

The best is really to read and understand what is important for a controler, how it works and why do you need it. Some parameters are generals but some other are more personal (ergonomy, needs,...). Then you'll be able to formulate your own answer to your question.
We always pay "cutting corners" one day or an other, so the best is to not rush if not needed and acquire knowledge about what you own or plan to own.

cheers

Reactions: bogirdm
Hi, my advice would be for you to read this topic

many informations there.

The best is really to read and understand what is important for a controler, how it works and why do you need it. Some parameters are generals but some other are more personal (ergonomy, needs,...). Then you'll be able to formulate your own answer to your question.
We always pay "cutting corners" one day or an other, so the best is to not rush if not needed and acquire knowledge about what you own or plan to own.

cheers
Thx for answer, im afraid just a little about video lag, I hope, steering will be good. I think I'll try ?If not always I can send back in 14 days. We will see. All the best. Robert

We have several Tello's Most are used with the T1d controller, and they all seem to work, so far. We have not tried other ones. there is a good video on youtube of someone that found software that will make other kinds and models compatible with the Tello. it looked good on the video. A little more resarch will help. It does make flung the Tello better.

We have several Tello's Most are used with the T1d controller, and they all seem to work, so far. We have not tried other ones. there is a good video on youtube of someone that found software that will make other kinds and models compatible with the Tello. it looked good on the video. A little more resarch will help. It does make flung the Tello better.
Hi , I fly my Tello with the Gamesir T1s and it work absolutely fine. Very easy to connect up. Hope this helps. Happy flying.

I fly mine with one of the cheapest Bluetooth controllers i could find on Amazon, and i use TelloFPV on android, and it works flawlessly.

Hi , I fly my Tello with the Gamesir T1s and it work absolutely fine. Very easy to connect up. Hope this helps. Happy flying.
Android or IOS? I have phone with IOS. I decide to cancel my order and looking for something. Think about T1s also, but i think can't use with native Tello app. Anyway, thanks to all for answer and help. With this what i read here, i need to change phone:p:p but this i don't want to.

• Wow
Reactions: Skyfli
I started with the T1d but then changed to T1s to get rid of the bluetooth connection. It resulted in better video results, so I'd never go back to T1d for normal flights. I would only take into consideration for the now retired T1d for a second controller if I use student/teacher operations with volatello's "CoPilot" app for the convenience of having no disturbing cables. Here, high quality video results are not my first priority

I use a GameSir T1s with an OTG cable, so I can disable Bluetooth. From what I've read, on here, Bluetooth can cause more interference. I haven't had any issues with it. I also use Tello FPV app, which is fantastic. I velcro a cheat sheet with the button assignments, which I set (Bad memory). Good luck and have fun.

Attachments

• GameSir T1s.jpg
    GameSir T1s.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 20
Android or IOS? I have phone with IOS. I decide to cancel my order and looking for something. Think about T1s also, but i think can't use with native Tello app. Anyway, thanks to all for answer and help. With this what i read here, i need to change phone:p:p but this i don't want to.
I have the iPhone 7 and have no problems. Great controller. Tello flys great with the controller in my opinion as you don’t have to trouble the phone whilst flying. It hooks up great with the Tello app. Good luck.

Reactions: Skyfli and bogirdm
T1s with tellofpv ??
At the moment Tellofpv only works on android. Hopefully they will make it work with Apple. One way to do it is to buy a cheap android phone and get around it that way. Don’t forget the T1s is only a controller and does not need a app to work.
That’s what I plan to do as the Tellofpv app is very good. Good luck.

Reactions: Terry
At the moment Tellofpv only works on android. Hopefully they will make it work with Apple. One way to do it is to buy a cheap android phone and get around it that way. That’s what I plan to do as the Tellofpv app is very good. Good luck.
I think this will be best soluttion? and waiting for our forum member app???

Reactions: Blackydon.
At the moment Tellofpv only works on android. Hopefully they will make it work with Apple. One way to do it is to buy a cheap android phone and get around it that way. Don’t forget the T1s is only a controller and does not need a app to work.
That’s what I plan to do as the Tellofpv app is very good. Good luck.
I should have noticed you were ios..? sorry ??

I'd return it and invest in Gamesir G4S, it has a USB wireless dongle that can connect to phone via a USB otg adaptor (sold separately) for low latency and reliable drone control minus the hassle of additional cords especially when using VR goggles for FPV

20200208_084519.jpg
Using a USB OTG to usbc adaptor that came with my S8 easily connects to my phone or even via passthrough on the bottom of Samsung VR Headset

I should have noticed you were ios..? sorry ??
No problem. I had to research it as well so I hope it has helped you. As the T1s does the job. No fuss or hassle. I don’t need to use the Bluetooth. It just connects easily.

Reactions: Terry
I'd return it and invest in Gamesir G4S, it has a USB wireless dongle that can connect to phone via a USB otg adaptor (sold separately) for low latency and reliable drone control minus the hassle of additional cords especially when using VR goggles for FPV
The T1s also has a wireless dongle supplied at the bottom. This is for games via pc.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv