Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Should I recalibrate the IMU, just for good measure?

Marc Trainor

Reaction score
My tello is drifting a little while it hovers, but I understand that, that is probably normal. I'm having trouble just flying it, but I'm figuring that's probably because I'm a stone cold rookie, but I'm also wondering if maybe it has something to do with the IMU being out of adjustment. Open to advice. Marc.

Good to know.
Was going to do one myself but why would I?
It flies like a boss even in low light tests, the video and pics need light but the Machine itself is better than I thought.
In a room full of dying metal objects and machines, all I needed to worry about was headroom.
Steady as a flying rock.
It makes sense to start trusting the circuitry a little more before second guessing a problem that may not even exist...that's what error messages pop up for.

Reactions: lightbg
My tello is drifting a little while it hovers, but I understand that, that is probably normal. I'm having trouble just flying it, but I'm figuring that's probably because I'm a stone cold rookie, but I'm also wondering if maybe it has something to do with the IMU being out of adjustment. Open to advice. Marc.
Hi,
Today morning I had a crush landing, battery ran off. After recharging, I took off my tello and saw that its a little drifting toward right side. I head spined, omg, my tello is gone. What should I do? Then I clam myself and saw in youtube that IMU calibration would help to hover at the same point again.
I started to calibrate imu. I took off the props and guards. Done accourding to the instructions. then reassembled the props and guards. I took off my tello and, it was normal again, hovering at the same place. Allah saved me.
So, I recommend you to do IMU calibration to solve drifting problem. There are videos about calibration and props removal in youtube. Watch them if you want.

I had an issue where the Tello would drop in altitude whenever I flew forward (not any other direction and mode didn't matter). This happened after a hard landing and, like you, I thought my Tello was toast. I did IMU calibration and all was well again. It's a simple calibration, really.

Reactions: faysalbrave
I had an issue where the Tello would drop in altitude whenever I flew forward (not any other direction and mode didn't matter). This happened after a hard landing and, like you, I thought my Tello was toast. I did IMU calibration and all was well again. It's a simple calibration, really.
Yes, IMU calibration actually solves the balance problem of Tello.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv