Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Silly question perhaps...

But with Tello...is it possible to use goggles at the same time? I don’t have one...yet...but plan on getting one quite soon.

VR Googles? Yes, it is possible to use a controller and Googles in the same time. I connect my Gamesir controller to my phone via Bluetooth in order to have physical joysticks and the phone is placed inside the VR Googles using the app VR display function which is connected to my Tello.

Reactions: Kyle Knox
VR Googles? Yes, it is possible to use a controller and Googles in the same time. I connect my Gamesir controller to my phone via Bluetooth in order to have physical joysticks and the phone is placed inside the VR Googles using the app VR display function which is connected to my Tello.
Okay then. I think that’s what I’d like to do; much more control over what the drone does this way. And it will be more fun, as well! Thank you for answering me. ?

With the stock app this will only work if you happen to have an inter-puppilar distance that roughly matches 1/2 the width of your phone. Because the center of each eye-screen has to be in front of the eye, or at least a little bit inward of the eye. Once the phone screen is too large it just doesn't work as you can't change the screen dimension and position in the Ryze app.

If that doesn't work for you try TelloFpv demo if you are using Android, that allows VR screen adjustment. You will also need a USB OTG controller or at least a wifi repeater. Bluetoth causes too much interference with most Android phones.

I have both android and ios. I use either my fatshark or dji goggles via hdmi input. You have to use iOS and a lightning to hdmi adapter. Works great, allows u to see full screen and keep the controller and phone together. In case you need to change a setting in the app. Quickly. You can not use the tellofpv with this setup, cause it only runs on android.

Happy and safe flying
Inno

I have both android and ios. I use either my fatshark or dji goggles via hdmi input. You have to use iOS and a lightning to hdmi adapter. Works great, allows u to see full screen and keep the controller and phone together. In case you need to change a setting in the app. Quickly. You can not use the tellofpv with this setup, cause it only runs on android.

Happy and safe flying
Inno
And unfortunately, bluetooth causes a great deal of interference with iOS as well. We ran 3 drone+controller setups with my student club and we kept getting constant notifications of bluetooth interference, and done lost control completely.

Reactions: ZWActual
And unfortunately, bluetooth causes a great deal of interference with iOS as well. We ran 3 drone+controller setups with my student club and we kept getting constant notifications of bluetooth interference, and done lost control completely.
Yes, I agree. But the OP asked about fpv. If the controller is used , it's bluetooth from controller to phone. And multiple bluetooth running at the same time with iOS... yep, android is better

Hmmm. Well if all this is true...in particular about android being better...I think I’ll leave off the goggles. Or I’ll figure it out, with someone who knows a thing or two about drones. Most likely a member of a club in which I will join. But who knows; maybe I’m barking up the wrong tree. Only time and experience will tell. You do learn from your mistakes!

Hmmm. Well if all this is true...in particular about android being better...I think I’ll leave off the goggles. Or I’ll figure it out, with someone who knows a thing or two about drones. Most likely a member of a club in which I will join. But who knows; maybe I’m barking up the wrong tree. Only time and experience will tell. You do learn from your mistakes!
Couldn't have said it better. Knock on steel. Stell us stronger than would. "We learn from"

As far as bluetooth, I have found that too many blue devices running at the same time within close proximity to each other tend to step on one another. If you use the gamestir t1s you can connect your controller to the phone via USB, eliminating the bluetooth altogether

Yeah. Truth is, I haven’t really given up. See, I haven’t flown a drone for a second of my life. Sure, I’ve used RC cars. But nothing that actually takes up to the air. All this is very intriguing for me. And, about the goggles...I had most recently figured on, just using a GameSir device, and my i-phone. I think I’ll just use that perhaps until I move up in devices. So for the Tello...it’ll be this simple way. But I feel that by the time I change what it is I’m flying, I’ll have the knowledge and know-how to be able to answer all these questions on my own. But I do appreciate all of the feedback I have gotten.

Reactions: ZWActual
Positive attitude.

Consider this for the next level (outside of the Tello)

Interesting item there. Although, for right now, I can’t imagine me spending that much on a pair of goggles...who knows? This whole drone thing just may draw me in. That, and I suppose I could get it off eBay. Although you have to be careful when shopping on eBay. ?

I have been able to use my Zeiss VR One Plus googles with Tello, Gamesir wireless controller and Android phone with no problem. Also operated on the stock Tello app. Not too expensive either, just saw one on internet search for about $25 US for goggles.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karlyan