Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Solution to iPhone 6 app Freeze!

inetflash

Reaction score
Dear Everyone,

I think everyone will like this post who have/had problem with the Tello App on iPhone 6! After vigorous testing and talking with RYZE support online, the solution is the NEXT!

1. Delete the Tello app (unload the Tello app so your photos and videos will remain intact or else just export all media you need from the TELLO App).

2. Hard Reset the TELLO! (Turn the TELLO on until its flashing yellow rapidly, then press and hold the power button for 10-15 seconds).

3. Reinstall the TELLO app to your iPhone 6.

4. Turn off WiFi on your iPhone 6.

5. Run the TELLO App on your iPhone 6 and wait the prompt from the App to connect TELLO.

6. Connect to the default TELLO-XXXXXX WiFi.

7. Return to the TELLO App.

Done!

WARNING! Do not change the default WiFi settings on your Tello!!! GameSir T1d works well with the Tello, it is not the culprit on the App freeze!

yea just hit telo suport and they send you some mesages, seems they already working on fix so thats awsome;) shouldent take long;)

Last edited:
THIS ACTUALLY WORKS!!! Changing the name of the WIFI somehow causes the TELLO App to crash while recording video. I added a WIFI Password as the XIAOMI WIFI Extender will not work without a WIFI password... still OK. I tried both on IPHONE 8+ and Ipad Mini 4 with Nimbus controller. SEEMS TO BE WORKING FINE NOW!!!

Reactions: inetflash
THIS ACTUALLY WORKS!!! Changing the name of the WIFI somehow causes the TELLO App to crash while recording video. I added a WIFI Password as the XIAOMI WIFI Extender will not work without a WIFI password... still OK. I tried both on IPHONE 8+ and Ipad Mini 4 with Nimbus controller. SEEMS TO BE WORKING FINE NOW!!!
Xiaomi WIFI extender does NOT require any WIFI password or changing the WIFI name. I have never changed the default WIFI name or set any password, and the repeater works just fine.

Thanks for info. In any case, I am very happy now that I could record video without the APP crashing. :)

Spoke too soon, after flying afew times, App is still crashing while recording. :(

Spoke too soon, after flying afew times, App is still crashing while recording. :(
Sorry for the late answer but i forgot to mention that you have to turn off "Location Services" and then the app won't crash i did countless tries over it and still working!

Reactions: JBTello

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv